Need Advice and Guidance

I am 33 years old and last night I attended my first RCIA class to be confirmed as well as to make communion. I was told I would have to pick a sponsor and also a saint’s name. Anyone have advice on how I would go about finding what suits me? There are so many names out there, I don’t know how to narrow it down. Is it also possible that although I am a female to have the name of a male saint? Can someone share some insight into how they chose their name for confirmation? Thank you for your time in reading my post! :signofcross:

Hi,

You have time to research before your confirmation.

Index of Patron Saints

Saints and other Holy People (from EWTN)

The above links are a start. The sex of your patron Saint makes no difference. Your Patron Saint should speak to you in some way, be someone you relate too, etc. Take time to read the lives of the Saints as much as you have time for. Once you think you have a Saint that interests you ( after reading short bio’s ), I suggest you do further research on the Web concerning your choices. Then go to your parish library ( if you have one ) or catholic bookstore and obtain a copy of a book concerning the saints you are interested in.

May I suggest starting with St. Therese de Lisieux ( she is my personal favorite ). :slight_smile:

Good luck in your seach.

– Cadian :knight1:

Why not read some of the quotes here and see if one sounds like an inspiration for you?

I also recommend going through the Patron Saints’ Index.

Also, pray to find the saint, and pray to that saint. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Cardian!

i want to start as early as possible so I can be ready and prepared! I have started looking up Saints and about their lives. I hope a Saint stands out for me. i will research as much as I can until I find one I like. Thank you so much for pointing me in a direction so I may begin this journey! I do like St. Theresa of Lisseux also…It may be a possibility! :slight_smile:

God Bless You!:signofcross:

Shin,
Thank you so much! I will definitely go through the quotes right now and pray to find a Saint and I will pray to that Saint as well! God Bless You! :signofcross:

And you I pray!

May your guardian angel take you in hand and introduce you to a great saint and friend. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.