Need Advice

I started to get in the good habit of praying at work during my break times and in return I found that my day ran so much smoother as I felt that I was being guided throughout the day and even more productive. During those break times at work I would walk the grounds with many other employee and read through some paperback books (like the Magnificat). No one really knew that I was silently praying and even so not many noticed while they were walking with their friends.

Last week or the week prior while coming back into the department from break, one of the employee’s had his cell phone turned on to his loud speaker so that “all” could hear the anti Christian comments. As I had to walk pass this employee in order to enter into work area, I thought how disgusting to be forced to hear the comments. Immediately I tuned the comments out of my head. Within the same week, I received additional comments from a customer (who must have been a close associate) because at the end of the call - it became abusive with swearing. The words I could even grasp - and the caller even asked me if I agreed with their comment. The company that I work for caters to prayer rooms by other denominations - I thought, are they receiving this type of abuse?

This type of behavior makes you afraid to pray

"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Keep praying. It sounds like you are under spiritual attack. Satan is using these people to try to make you stop praying.

By the way, I pray during my lunchtime walk every day too.

Peace,
John

[quote="MorningSong51, post:1, topic:249411"]
I started to get in the good habit of praying at work during my break times and in return I found that my day ran so much smoother as I felt that I was being guided throughout the day and even more productive. During those break times at work I would walk the grounds with many other employee and read through some paperback books (like the Magnificat). No one really knew that I was silently praying and even so not many noticed while they were walking with their friends.

Last week or the week prior while coming back into the department from break, one of the employee's had his cell phone turned on to his loud speaker so that "all" could hear the anti Christian comments. As I had to walk pass this employee in order to enter into work area, I thought how disgusting to be forced to hear the comments. Immediately I tuned the comments out of my head. Within the same week, I received additional comments from a customer (who must have been a close associate) because at the end of the call - it became abusive with swearing. The words I could even grasp - and the caller even asked me if I agreed with their comment. The company that I work for caters to prayer rooms by other denominations - I thought, are they receiving this type of abuse?

This type of behavior makes you afraid to pray

[/quote]

Dear,
Win Every One For Christ. Yes, Every One. We need to save every souls. That Brother who did reject and used bad words about Christ, for the same brother did Jesus died on the cross. Its Our repsonsibility to wins others for Christ. How do we do that? By praying and interceding for Others. Yes Pray for Others, Let them know the mercy of our lord. Keep praying until they receive that gift. Yes its a Gift from god to know Jesus. You have that now, But many dont. Pray that they too may receive it.

Before i Stop dear let me remind you. Our aim should always be to win every one for christ. Every single soul belongs to Lord. Show mercy on the worst sinner and win him for Christ. That is what Our lord jesus expect for Us.

Yes Pray Intercede and become a warrior. Thats what i do in my online minstry.And many doing it for me now. Staying awake on Every first friday late night Lam 2:19 & intercede for Others. Inviting you to this experince ....Bro in Christ Milton..

[quote="Passion4christ1, post:3, topic:249411"]
Dear,
Win Every One For Christ. Yes, Every One. We need to save every souls. That Brother who did reject and used bad words about Christ, for the same brother did Jesus died on the cross. Its Our repsonsibility to wins others for Christ. How do we do that? By praying and interceding for Others. Yes Pray for Others, Let them know the mercy of our lord. Keep praying until they receive that gift. Yes its a Gift from god to know Jesus. You have that now, But many dont. Pray that they too may receive it.

Before i Stop dear let me remind you. Our aim should always be to win every one for christ. Every single soul belongs to Lord. Show mercy on the worst sinner and win him for Christ. That is what Our lord jesus expect for Us.

Yes Pray Intercede and become a warrior. Thats what i do in my online minstry.And many doing it for me now. Staying awake on Every first friday late night Lam 2:19 & intercede for Others. Inviting you to this experince ....Bro in Christ Milton..

[/quote]

Yes and understood. My prayers that I've been saying must have been at work - because I was gliding through the day, literally. I have to mention something I heard (again) - all of us at work had assigned seating in the classroom for training, these same employees (a group) were talking in the training classroom and had mention that one of their members had turned to the other side? Christian side? I don't understand. In my unbelief - in the conversation, I felt kind of insulted that they could talk about this comfortably in front of me, as if I wasn't there. What really strike me is the fact that they called it the "other side", like in Genesis or in John 1...when we understand the difference between the light and the dark. As to separate - meaning, like the other side.

Jesus said that "“No one lights a lamp and puts it in a place where it will be hidden, or under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, so that those who come in may see the light. 34 Your eye is the lamp of your body. When your eyes are healthy, your whole body also is full of light. But when they are unhealthy, your body also is full of darkness. 35 See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. 36 Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.”

This is how I picked up line 35 " See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness." - these members are from a dark side and it frightens me.

I understand what you saying but this needs more prayer strength - this group is literally circling me in the classroom and around the office. When one member feels she needs help - the others stand behind them as a group.

Dear MorningSong,

I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time at work. I am a bit puzzled as your post is titled "need advice" but I am not clear on what specifically you are seeking advice for. Are you seeking advice to improve your prayer life? To deal charitably with co-workers? To bring up areas of concern with your supervisor? There is a lot going on it would be helpful to be specific on what you are seeking advice with. Many people here have a lot of life and faith experience and would be glad to help you I am sure.

Take care.

[quote="JohnMPhilomena, post:2, topic:249411"]
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."

Keep praying. It sounds like you are under spiritual attack. Satan is using these people to try to make you stop praying.

By the way, I pray during my lunchtime walk every day too.

Peace,
John

[/quote]

Thank you John - and yes I agree, it only strengthen them when we are weak to their vices. I think of the story about Peter and the boat - and being frighten of the storm. So this is my personal storm and I need to reach out to Jesus for his hand and knowing what he will tell me....Jesus tells them in verse 27, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

John, I am disappointed in myself for loosing faith and also for giving into their arena. I have to say out of all of this, that our faith, our belief and trust all have to be there (practicing) and functioning. We really are students to our Lord - as to be instructed from day to day in our faith, as he continues to teach us. I know that he's aware of my weak spots - but then I know that he will take over. Also, from what I heard out these members mouths and coordinating it with the way of the cross - Jesus had endured many hard core insults. I was furious at them...but right now, I feel like Peter, I understand how he must have felt. I hope that our Lord will strengthen me and forgive me, so that I can go from strengthen to strengthen or from one lesson to the next.

Many blessings and peace
Thank you for your words of encouragement
Mary

[quote="Monicad, post:5, topic:249411"]
Dear MorningSong,

I am sorry to hear you are having a hard time at work. I am a bit puzzled as your post is titled "need advice" but I am not clear on what specifically you are seeking advice for. Are you seeking advice to improve your prayer life? To deal charitably with co-workers? To bring up areas of concern with your supervisor? There is a lot going on it would be helpful to be specific on what you are seeking advice with. Many people here have a lot of life and faith experience and would be glad to help you I am sure.

Take care.

[/quote]

Yes, how to deal with this type of abuse as a Christian - it not so much as now a work ethic validation anymore.

[quote="Monicad, post:5, topic:249411"]
Dear MorningSong,

Take care.

[/quote]

P.S. I'm glad you are a prayer warrior and asking these questions. Remember me when you go to the Lord in prayer. Please ask him to strengthen me and (edit) also that I can do the right thing as a Christian sister. We all represent our Lord - and I understand he is our light and path to follow. Right now, and feeling vulnerable to all of this - I've really never had this kind of experience before - I don't handle it or what I need to ask for.

Dear MorningSong,

I am happy to pray for you. Prayers for peace in this situation.

Please forgive me I am still a bit confused. You mentioned in your first post that "no one really knew that you were silently praying." I made the assumption that your prayer life and your Christian faith was very dear to you, but something that was private.

Later on in your posts you mentioned being abused as a Christian. Are your coworkers deliberately harassing you because of your faith? If so this is a matter for your supervisor most certainly. If this is not personal but that you are overhearing anti-Christian sentiments then you could still inform your supervisor but it might be a grey area. Either way strength is needed. Remember Jesus Christ himself...no one else has endured more anti-Christian hate speech, lies and treatment then he did! He will give you the strength to endure what you need to endure and ask the Holy Spirit to guide you to speak out when you need to.

[quote="MorningSong51, post:6, topic:249411"]
Thank you John - and yes I agree, it only strengthen them when we are weak to their vices. I think of the story about Peter and the boat - and being frighten of the storm. So this is my personal storm and I need to reach out to Jesus for his hand and knowing what he will tell me....Jesus tells them in verse 27, "Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

John, I am disappointed in myself for loosing faith and also for giving into their arena. I have to say out of all of this, that our faith, our belief and trust all have to be there (practicing) and functioning. We really are students to our Lord - as to be instructed from day to day in our faith, as he continues to teach us. I know that he's aware of my weak spots - but then I know that he will take over. Also, from what I heard out these members mouths and coordinating it with the way of the cross - Jesus had endured many hard core insults. I was furious at them...but right now, I feel like Peter, I understand how he must have felt. I hope that our Lord will strengthen me and forgive me, so that I can go from strengthen to strengthen or from one lesson to the next.

Many blessings and peace
Thank you for your words of encouragement
Mary

[/quote]

Don't beat yourself up too much. When we are weak, He is strong.

Do you have a devotion to the Divine Mercy image? (with the red and white rays coming from Jesus' heart)? If you can try as often as possible to bring this image to your mind (or even better - place the picture someplace in your house and look at it daily). Of course the words beneath the picture are, "Jesus - I trust in You."

Then - who should you fear? He is on your side, because you are on His. With Him on your side - who should you fear?

Peace,
John

Blessings and Peace John,

My mother gave me hers - so I now have the picture and the Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. I will have it viewable in my home and also carry it in purse for those times I need to ask him for help.

Again, many thanks to all and I will remember you all in my prayers for your kindness to me!

God Bless
Mary

know what you mean. I go to a meeting every morning, and once in awhile all it takes is one lapse catholic to bad mouth the church and more lapse catholics join in. It’s sad. I pray for them. I’m constanly praying, on lunch breaks, while I’m driving and so on. I love praying, it’s like talking to God.

God bless

jesus g

[quote="jesuspsr, post:13, topic:249411"]
know what you mean. I go to a meeting every morning, and once in awhile all it takes is one lapse catholic to bad mouth the church and more lapse catholics join in. It's sad. I pray for them. I'm constanly praying, on lunch breaks, while I'm driving and so on. I love praying, it's like talking to God.

God bless

jesus g

[/quote]

I always stop this when it starts happening, I used to just get angry or get up and leave, but the Traditions tell us to leave our denominations at the door, so whenever the discussion is about faith or relationship with our Higher Power, I try to remind people in a gentle way that there are people of all faiths present and not to talk about one in specific. I HATE the term "recovering Catholic," because I am a reverted and happy Catholic and it's like a slap in the face to me and to other Catholics in the room. Please consider saying something, it's scary but think of how a newcomer would see that.

[quote="jesuspsr, post:13, topic:249411"]
know what you mean. I go to a meeting every morning, and once in awhile all it takes is one lapse catholic to bad mouth the church and more lapse catholics join in. It's sad. I pray for them. I'm constanly praying, on lunch breaks, while I'm driving and so on. I love praying, it's like talking to God.

God bless

jesus g

[/quote]

Thanks Jesus G,

Yes exactly, prayer is talking with God and that communication with him before the day begins is so important. I ask God to bless the day and to help me and my family with any barriers that we will face throughout the day - sometimes I'm the barrier and I have to face my shortcomings :blush:.

On the way to work, I asked my mother to say some prayers with me, there's was one prayer that she said that I really like a lot and must have been one that reached - because we both felt a lot of peace from it and encouragement. When I'm at work, and I have the time, I like to read- as everyone is pulling out their books when its slow. So if I have the time to catch up on my book reading - I do it at work or late at night before I rest at night. Sometimes I feel far behind in my understanding of my faith - as there is a lot to catch up with on scripture - and interpretations on certain passages. I enjoy the listening to catholic radio and also listening to some of the talks on EWTN.

I believe God gives us the tools to grow but also we have the ability to be his instruments in how we are to project "Him" to others. I know that when miracles happen they are seen by other people - and it is not me but Him who act through me. I have to wash away my own feelings of discontent and that not always easy. So I have to ask, what is the best possible way to show who "You" really are and how you want me to reach out to this person - it is my duty to this person or am I to start the process of reaching....what is my part in this problem or issue.

Many blessings, Jesus
Mary

[quote="TheRealJuliane, post:14, topic:249411"]
I always stop this when it starts happening, I used to just get angry or get up and leave, but the Traditions tell us to leave our denominations at the door, so whenever the discussion is about faith or relationship with our Higher Power, I try to remind people in a gentle way that there are people of all faiths present and not to talk about one in specific. I HATE the term "recovering Catholic," because I am a reverted and happy Catholic and it's like a slap in the face to me and to other Catholics in the room. Please consider saying something, it's scary but think of how a newcomer would see that.

[/quote]

Hi Real Juliane;

Yes, that was me, also. As a matter of fact I just about wrote that in my previous message - I wanted to walk out and leave this issue. I didn't know how to deal with it and I had too many other things on my mind - like training for this new job. However, let's say I did leave the issue- and in someway I did, I would avoid this person and her friends by leaving the building and walking the opposite way at breaks, I would walk away when she approached other employees that I was talking to - causing this to be more highlighted, and also sitting far away from her on the production floor.The only thing it created was- that she sat next to me at team meetings, stood outside of the group of people that I was talking to, and the problem became more aggressive at their approach. It drove me crazy!

Walking away isn't going to solve the problem but praying with the help of others will give this problem a direction that will lead toward how God wants to help solve it. I have to open up and listen to His guidance. This is a good chance at showing God presents in this issue. One member has already opened up to me about her background, so I know that she comes from a large Polish family and I come from a large Czech family. So there's some communication - a little.

God Bless
Mary

Thank you for your post and prayers

[quote="MorningSong51, post:16, topic:249411"]
Hi Real Juliane;

Yes, that was me, also. As a matter of fact I just about wrote that in my previous message - I wanted to walk out and leave this issue. I didn't know how to deal with it and I had too many other things on my mind - like training for this new job. However, let's say I did leave the issue- and in someway I did, I would avoid this person and her friends by leaving the building and walking the opposite way at breaks, I would walk away when she approached other employees that I was talking to - causing this to be more highlighted, and also sitting far away from her on the production floor.The only thing it created was- that she sat next to me at team meetings, stood outside of the group of people that I was talking to, and the problem became more aggressive at their approach. It drove me crazy!

Walking away isn't going to solve the problem but praying with the help of others will give this problem a direction that will lead toward how God wants to help solve it. I have to open up and listen to His guidance. This is a good chance at showing God presents in this issue. One member has already opened up to me about her background, so I know that she comes from a large Polish family and I come from a large Czech family. So there's some communication - a little.

God Bless
Mary

Thank you for your post and prayers

[/quote]

Instead of trying to avoid this person, pray for her and befriend her. If she gets to know and like you, then she will have a harder time speaking out against your religion.

I know - easier said than done. It's just a thought.

Peace,
John

[quote="JohnMPhilomena, post:17, topic:249411"]
Instead of trying to avoid this person, pray for her and befriend her. If she gets to know and like you, then she will have a harder time speaking out against your religion.

I know - easier said than done. It's just a thought.

Peace,
John

[/quote]

Hi John;

I did. When we both were in training I would go outside with her on breaks and introduce her to some of the friends that I've known from the previous department and also I had friends that I've know for years that transferred over to this company which we use to meet at break time.

She really turned the reasoning for introducing her to the friends around and in front me to another employee who was sitting next to her, so I didn't really go out of my way anymore. I think that she's pretty much stuck on the group she hangs around with - and vice versa. Many years ago, back in the days of..., I had a friend with similar likes, same first name but we were different in many ways. I think that's what made us good friends - are differences. However, as with all good friends, when we are young, we went off in different directions, we still maintained being friends but not good friends. This is a similar situation - and same directional path. This girl craves the lifestyle that is going to get her into trouble or farther down. In comparison, she's smart but dangerously craving for the "other side". I see many similarities - too much.

You know we are given a choice in our lives to make, they are not easy choices but never the less, God gave us the freedom to choose.. but its when someone or something comes along in our lives that takes our freedoms away from us - that's when we begin to realize what sin is all about. I think of the garden of Eden and how the serpent enticed Eve to eat from the forbidden fruit. In a sense, that's how this is - we are blind to everyone around us and what to hang around the same people - its the enticement of the fruit - and pleasing to the eye. So pray for this person will help - as I truly believe that this will heal any vices on the soul - its kind of like that grip that Satan has on us, I think he really has a hold of this girl. I truly believe that Christ will and can release it - and perhaps, like I said, the catalyst is how God will create something good. Genesis started out that way - from out of Chaos came the light (Christ the redeemer - the understanding and wisdom of God). In all of Genesis - God command and things were created - so the voice of God creates and all creation listens to His voice and obeys.

John, I have much to thank all of you (much) as I've really felt the prayers coming through - now I have work on getting back at my prayer times. Keep this girl in mind - she's originally from Brooklyn and comes from a large Polish family. I know she's far from home ..

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.