Need citation on Latin

I have seen an excerpt from a recent church document (John Paul II or Benedict XVI ??) saying that all the faithful should learn to pray some of the common parts of the Mass (Agnus Dei, etc.) in Latin. I can’t locate it. Can anyone provide me a quick link?

From Pope Benedict XVI in 2007, Sacramentum Caritatis, 62: “I ask that future priests, from their time in the seminary, receive the preparation needed to understand and to celebrate Mass in Latin, and also to use Latin texts and execute Gregorian chant; nor should we forget that the faithful can be taught to recite the more common prayers in Latin, and also to sing parts of the liturgy to Gregorian chant.”

There’s plenty more where that came from. Vatican II said as much!

It was Vatican II that “first” said it.

Sacrosanctum Concilium #54 December 4, 1963

Nevertheless steps should be taken so that the faithful may also be able to say or to sing together in Latin those parts of the Ordinary of the Mass which pertain to them
adoremus.org/SacrosanctumConcilium.html

(Of course, we all know that Vatican II outlawed Latin.)

Thanks to both of you. That was exactly what I needed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.