Need clarification Revelation 20:4-5

I searched the CAF archives but could not find any threads for this particular passage in the bible… It is Revelations 20:4-5

Then I saw thrones; those who sat on them were entrusted with judgment. I also saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, and who had not worshiped the beast or its image nor had accepted its mark* on their foreheads or hands. They came to life and they reigned with Christ for a thousand years.c
The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were over. This is the first resurrection.

If I am to understand this passage correctly (or incorrectly lol)… The first resurrection dealt with the end of the world and all of the dead being resurrected to be judged… but how can after the thousand years of peace there be another resurrection afterwards? Why wouldn’t all of the dead be resurrected at once at the 2nd coming of Christ?

If anyone can clarify this I would greatly appreciate it.

God bless

Haydock’s Catholic Bible Commentary explains this passage. I hope you find it helpful. :slight_smile:

I highly recommend this link

sites.google.com/site/aquinasstudybible/home/revelation/rev-1/rev-2/rev-3/rev-4/rev-5/rev-6/rev-7/rev-8/rev-9/rev-10/rev-11/rev-12/rev-13/rev-14/rev-15/rev-16/rev-17/rev-18/rev-19/rev-20

Thank you both for your links. I really appreciate it and will study the commentaries on the passage from the bible that I wrote about.

God bless

I’ve sort of plunged deeply into the 1 Co study of the Aquinas Study Bible on this website, but I’m over my head. It seem to start off saying that 1 Co is about the sacraments. Is this so? I don’t see any headings (except chapter number) to guide me to the spots where the sacraments are discussed. Am I taking this too literally? Does it or does it not discuss all the sacraments?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.