Need daily Mass reading suggestions

I walked into my local Catholic Bookstore and got a copy of Give Us This Day for June and Magnificat for July so I could try each of them out.

What is the difference between these types of publications and the fat daily missals I also saw there? I understand the Missals are more cumbersome, but over a period of time subscriptions to each of these publications will add up as well.

I’m a mom of three children ages 4-8. We attend Sunday and 1-2 times per week as my sanity will allow for. My parish has Mass at 7:30 and its just not a good time for us at all so I’m checking out other local churches currently to see which ones will work best for our morning routine.

I basically want something that offers morning/evening prayer as well as the daily mass readings. I love the idea of sticking a copy of the little booklets in my bag, but if the Missals are essentially the same the cost would add up… Do the Missals have daily/evening prayer or do I need the book of Christian Prayer for that?

bumping… :slight_smile: thanks for your input.

You might want to take a look at the Daily Roman Missal. It’s a little expensive, but it’s good through the year 2023. It has the morning/ midday/evening prayers, plus many other prayers, as well as the daily mass readings. Has plenty of ribbon markers as well. Hope this helps!
amazon.com/dp/1612785093/?tag=googhydr-20&hvadid=24630132827&hvpos=1t2&hvexid=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=12754742462108588720&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&hvdev=c&ref=pd_sl_4jy6pilrwz_b

Peace, Mark

Definitely cheaper than Magnificat for 10 years… Thanks for the detailed info - that was what I was most curious about. :slight_smile:

[quote="SaintRita, post:4, topic:329837"]
Definitely cheaper than Magnificat for 10 years.... Thanks for the detailed info - that was what I was most curious about. :)

[/quote]

You're most very welcome! The Magnificat runs about $45 a year. So this is definitely much, much cheaper. I think you'll be very happy with this.

Peace, Mark

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.