Need documentation re:reception of the eucharist

Hello. I need a quick link to a referene regarding reception of the eucharist. I have a friend who is not married in the chuch, but her child is making their first communion soon. She and her husband asked if they could receive along with their child. I told her no, but I would like to back up my answer with some official documentation from the church.

Thank you.

From The Code of Canon Law:

Can. 912
Any baptized person who is not forbidden by law may and must be admitted to holy communion.

Can. 915
Those upon whom the penalty of excommunication or interdict has been imposed or declared, and others who obstinately persist in manifest grave sin, are not to be admitted to holy communion.

Can. 916
Anyone who is conscious of grave sin may not celebrate Mass or receive the Body of the Lord without previously having been to sacramental confession, unless there is a grave reason and there is no opportunity to confess; in this case the person is to remember the obligation to make an act of perfect contrition, which includes the resolve to go to confession as soon as possible.

They would have a Sacramental marriage and make a good confession before being allowed the Sacrament.

If she was not married in the Church and had no priest or deacon witness her and her husband’s wedding vows, their marriage is not sacramental and so invalid in the eyes of the Church therefore they are not in a state of grace to receive.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.