Need God's help, wife wants a divorce

My wife of 29 years has decided she is not happy, she wants to get a divorce, I pray each day she changes her mind and will give our relationship one more chance. I prayed hard last night asking God for help in this situation, and today she accepted my offer of filing the papers from June 1st to July 1st. It is a small sign, but I think with more fervent prayer, God will work in his way and hopefully help to change her mind. I have tow children, a daughter 23 who is now frightened by this situation and finding refuge in her boyfriend, threatening to move out. Also have an 18yr old son, who is now concerned about his college and how his life will be turned upside down. I try to keep calm in all this, eventhough the main problem was that my wife has been talking to a man she met on the train for the past 9 months ( he si married and 8 years younger than she is, he says he does not want to leave his wife, it is only talk), she says that they are just friends and they only talk, he has also told me that he is just her sounding board, but I think his being there and listening has broken our line of communication. I confronted her last weekend, when I accidentally found out about him, the pain I felt when I called the number I found in her cell phone records online was like a knife in the heart,but she says it is none of my business, I have been unable to sleep or eat. Please help in my prayers for this situation to be reconciled, I love her way too much to throw it all away

LouVh,you and your family are in my prayers

Praying. May God grant you peace.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into
temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou
amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary,
Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it
was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

St. Michael, the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our protection against
the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly Host, by the power of God, cast into
hell Satan, and all the evil spirits who prowl throughout the world seeking
the ruin of souls. Amen

(I’d also call and make an appointment to talk to your Pastor, not only will he pray for
your Marriage, but I’m sure he will offer some kind of advice or offer some other way to
assist you as you go through this trial. God bless you and keep you and may our dear Blessed Mother intercede for you to her Divine Son Jesus. The woman is YOUR wife, she’s your business and getting her soul to heaven is too!)

Hail Mary, full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus

Holy Mary, Mother of God
Pray for us sinners
Now and at the hour of our deaths

Amen

I place you both right now in the Merciful Heart of Jesus, through the Immaculate Heart of Mary. If I might make a suggestion: begin a novena to the Divine Mercy (9 days of prayer) and do some fasting for your wife. This is a powerful form of prayer for conversions. I am, and will be praying for you both.

Jesus we trust in You, the Source of our Love.

Please, dear Jesus, help Louvh and his wife , please let her see that her marriage and family are the most important people in her life …let her feel your Holy Spirit so that she comes back to You and her family…Thank you , heavenly Father…

I’m sorry to hear this. :frowning: Praying for peace and reconciliation in your marriage.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

very sorry to hear this :frowning: saying a prayer for your marriage

I am sorry to hear of your pain. I will pray for you and your family. God Bless.

I am so sorry to hear this. I can’t imagine the pain you must be enduring right now. :frowning: I hope and pray your marriage is able to heal through God’s miraculous power and that you are able to work things out according to His will and plan. Praying hard for you to be able to stay together. :gopray:

Amen :gopray:

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

I thank you all for your many prayers, the day is getting worse, she does not want to even listen, this morning cut me off of our cell phone site so I can no longer see her calling this man. I pray to the holy family for their inter cessation, so help her see the light of God’s way. But i am constantly rebuked by her, tells me is now frightened for her safety, even though I have never raised my hand or ever touched her in the 36 years I have known her and now has the police to this house to threaten me. As a Catholic, I can not bear the ramification of facing the possibility of having a holy sacrament ripped from my life. What God has put together, let no man make asunder.

you and you’re family are in my prayers, I hope everything turns out alright for you and you’re family. God Bless

Oh, Lou, I’m so sorry to hear of this and your pain. I will hold you and your wife in my prayers. I think that the man she is chatting with definitely has turned her from you, perhaps unintentionally, but has just the same. I pray for you to have strength, and to follow God’s will. So sorry you are going through this. :frowning:

Be gentle, be loving, be persistent with your wife. Tell her how much you love her. Remind her of the man she fell in love with all those years ago. Don’t give up hope, and pray, pray, pray!

I am praying for you and I commend you the Most Merciful Heart of Jesus.

I have been married for 39 years and there have been some very bad patches and so I can understand some of what you’re going through. I have just been reading ‘Miracles Do Happen’ by Briege McKenna and she describes praying with a guy whose situation was very much like yours and continued for a long time. She persuaded him to be patient and loving to his wife and to pray constantly to Jesus for a healing of his marriage. Things got worse but her advice never changed and finally and in an instant they were fully reconciled. Read page 47 it will give you strength and ask Sr Briege to pray for you and your wife through her website. My advice, cease to confront her, show no hostility, try to continue as normal. My own poor prayers are with you.

Prayers…

Praying for you and your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.