Need guidance

I need lots of prayers.

I have been married to a man for almost seven years. We have two children (one is his son, we share a daugther). We have been having problems for almost a year now (really, I was unhappy for much longer, but failed to communicate my feelings effectively). Last November, I found myself emotionally connected to another man, and my husband found out.

My husband and I have been in counseling, which has helped somewhat, but I still feel that he does not own any of the problems between us. I also struggle with his lack of support for my faith (he is non-denominational). I question whether he is even a Christian. While he says he wants us to go to church together as a family, he is often trying to get out of going altogether, and he discourages me from attending.

I am requesting prayers for guidance on how to handle this situation. More urgently, I am requesting prayers for a change in my job, because the man with whom I connected is at my job and this compounds the problems between me and my husband.

I know that I have made bad choices…and I am trying to make things right. Problem is…I just don’t know what right is. I am really struggling.

Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers for your guidance and strength, and the healing of your marriage.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Lord, in your kindness fill our deepest being with your holy light,
so that we may be steadfast in our devotion to you:
for your wisdom created us and your providence guides us.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

Will pray for you and your husband, that the channels will be opened fully for God’s grace in your lives. Praying a special prayer for God’s protection around your heart, that you will heroically love your husband and will flee from any temptation regarding this co-worker.

God bless,
Sarah

I will be praying for you and your family.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.