Need healing from hurt

I was recently abused on the internet by a Protestant man. He said things like, “you’re not really born again and don’t have the Holy Spirit” and “may God open your blind eyes and show you the way to salvation”. I was also referred to as a heretic and a person belonging to the devil’s kingdom.

This has caused me great emotional distress and I felt deeply grieved about it. Please pray for me that God may heal the wounds. Also pray that I may be able to well in my exam on the 24th, especially since I’m going through such distress.

Praying for you Wesley and for this man who hurt you through words. Stick to your faith always no matter what others say.

Also, will pray for you to do well on your exam…

**[FONT=Georgia][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][FONT=Georgia]†JMJTJ †

Why take stock in one person’s comments if you are deeply rooted in your faith?!
Christ told us we would be treated as such for His Name and that we would be blessed.
Place your trust in His promises, and keep your eyes and heart on HIM.

You will be in my prayers for your light, strength, peace, and success in your exam.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

***God bless you †*[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Praying for you.

Jesus and the Church affirm that you are born again in Baptism, and received the Holy Spirit in the Sacrament of Confirmation. Do not allow the words of a single man to weigh against God’s great welcome and love of you, Wesley

Wesley,

Praying for you. God will heal you!!!

Blessings,

Divine Father, please comfort Wesley in knowing that the uncharitable words of mere man cannot supersede Your promises. Grant him conviction in his faith, impervious to emotional swings. And may he focus in life, regardless of whatever biting words by which he is attacked. Mary, pray with us that the will of the Father always be done. Amen. :gopray2:

Wesley,
I think you are being tested on your faith. At about your age, I too was tested by a protestant deacon. I was told that I was in the wrong religion and going to hell. I was told that Jesus is all I needed and didn’t need Mother Mary, the Church and etc. He meant well for that is what he truly believed. He use to open the Bible and show me where our Catholic Church was wrong and etc. I was so confused for I did not know my Catholic Faith well enough to defend it. I had my doubts if I was in the right church and etc. Maybe, that is what is going on with you. All I can tell you is what helped me. First, I told the man not to mention religion to me anymore. We had Jesus in common and so I told him that it was safe to talk about him alone. I asked him to respect my decision to stay a Catholic. Then I started to get books on our Faith written by Catholics, make appointments with priests to answer my questions and etc. As a result of that, I learned my Faith. The Lord used this man who put me through so much emotional and spiritual suffering, to draw me closer to the beauty the Church had to offer that I did not know. Learn your Faith and what it teaches and why we believe what we believe. Then when people like this man attack, it won’t even bother you.

I hope that helps. I will keep you in my prayers and also for his misinformed protestant on our Catholic beliefs.

Don’t worry you have the fullness of Truth.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying for the Holy Spirit to guide you. Ignore that ignorant man!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.