Need help asap- invalid confession?

I went to confession this morning, and the priest was really helpful regarding my scrupulosity.

I confessed that I put myself in the occasion of sin, and he asked something like 'what's that'. Basically I told him I put myself in a situation where there was a temptation and I could've sinned. I purposely didn't tell him the situation because it was sorta embarrassing. If he had've asked for more specific information about the situation, I would've given it to him.

I feel like I've withheld information regarding my sin, making my confession invalid. I'm so anxious about it... Please help.

You suffer from scrupulosity, we cannot help you here. You need professional counseling.

Why do you imagine that your confession was invalid??? The priest would have told you if there was any problem with your confession.

TRUST YOUR PRIEST.

Okay thanks. I'm sure he would've asked for more information if he wanted it. I just felt bad that I didn't tell him the exact situation, but I think he was unsure about what I meant when I confessed it.

Also he most likely wouldnn't have absolved me if he thought I was hiding something, right?

STOP it.

You are absolved. Do not dwell on this. Do not post about it.

Get help from your priest.

[quote="veryworried6277, post:3, topic:305343"]
Okay thanks. I'm sure he would've asked for more information if he wanted it. I just felt bad that I didn't tell him the exact situation, but I think he was unsure about what I meant when I confessed it.

[/quote]

The priest is there in the sacrament of confession as a listener on behalf of Jesus Himself. If the priest absolved you of the sin you didn't explain fully, you can be sure Jusus who was there with you during the sacrament understood your heart.

You should be comforted by knowing this in Faith.
If you still feel unsettled set up a meeting in private with the priest or speak with him with regards to the sin more openly. Sure sacramental confession is embarrassing. Were all sinners. Be comforted in Faith and the absolution of the priest you received.

Fraternally In the Peace of Christ
Chris

[quote="1ke, post:5, topic:305343"]
STOP it.

You are absolved. Do not dwell on this. Do not post about it.

Get help from your priest.

[/quote]

This. Seriously, for the OP and others who are scrupulous, persistently questioning and doubting is like repeatedly picking at a scab or something - nothing is going to heal until you learn to back off and leave it be.

[quote="LilyM, post:7, topic:305343"]
This. Seriously, for the OP and others who are scrupulous, persistently questioning and doubting is like repeatedly picking at a scab or something - nothing is going to heal until you learn to back off and leave it be.

[/quote]

Sorry, I'm trying my hardest. I just don't want to receive Jesus in the state of mortal sin or anything. Thanks for the replies guys.

[quote="veryworried6277, post:8, topic:305343"]
Sorry, I'm trying my hardest. I just don't want to receive Jesus in the state of mortal sin or anything. Thanks for the replies guys.

[/quote]

I feel your pain....

I say this with all love and sincerity: posting this here and thinking about this even more will make the scrupulosity worse, so please don't (for your sake).

If you have doubts, ask your priest and tell him about it so he can help you work through it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.