Need help for "Hour of Great Mercy prayer"

I need to clarify which one is correct, can someone help me? :slight_smile:

From what I know, the 3 O’clock prayer is this:

You died, Jesus but the souce of life flowed out for souls and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world.

O fountain of Life, immeasurable Divine Mercy,
cover the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water which flowed out from the Heart of Jesus
as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!

Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world (3x)

Jesus, King of Mercy, I trust in You!

However, someone in my Divine Mercy prayer group, said that when she was in Rome for the World Apostolic Congress on Divine Mercy, the prayer was:

You died, Jesus but the souce of life flowed out for souls
and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world.

O fountain of Life, immeasurable Divine Mercy,
cover the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water which flowed out from the Heart of Jesus
as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You! (3x)

Jesus, King of Mercy, I trust in You!

This is the **Optional Opeing Prayer **directly taken from Chaplet:

"You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed forth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon us.

O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of Mercy for us, I trust in You!"

Optional Closing Prayer
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion — inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

Actually when I recite the Chaplet these prayers are never optional for me ~ they are too beautiful and profound. I always include them.

If you go to the Divine Mercy web-site, these are the translations that are used.

thedivinemercy.org/index.php

Me too. :love:

Wait… are you saying that we MUST pray the chaplet together with these prayers at 3 O’clock also?

No they are Optional Prayers.

However I say them because I find they set the tone in the beginning and complete the Chaplet at the end.

Actually, I’m emphasizing more on the chaplet, do we have to pray it at 3 o’clock? from what I know is that we can pray the chaplet anytime, but the prayer, “You died, Jesus…” must be prayed at 3 O’clock.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Jesus told St. Faustina that 3:00 is the hour of great mercy, and that anyone who can should pray the chaplet at that time. However, for people like me who are at work at 3:00 and can’t pray then, I’m sure He doesn’t mind if we pray it at other times too. :wink: I do, however, say a short prayer at 3:00 every day, thanking Him for His great mercy and love and asking for His help.

As far as the “You died Jesus…” prayer (which I read and pray as “You expired Jesus…” – though it means the same thing), I’m sure you can also pray that at anytime but certainly praying it at 3:00, the hour of great mercy (as He told us) is a good thing. :thumbsup:

Make sense? :smiley:

It does slowly. No wonder, I couldn’t find anything on the Diary stating that we should pray the “you expired Jesus…” at 3 O’clock.

However, many, people here have the idea that this IMPORTANT prayer should be prayed at 3 O’clock. I said important because the people believe that this prayer must be prayed at 3 PM.

From HERE apparently, this prayer is just an appropriate prayers for the Hour of Mercy frequently recited by St. Faustina.

I’m very careful about this because my parish just started Divine Mercy Prayer Group and many people don’t have clear ideas of the Divine Mercy. So I don’t want to add confusion. Thanks all. :smiley:

I feel kinda stupid for starting this thread, because it shows how slooooow I am… :stuck_out_tongue:

Anymore Divine Mercy tips for me?

Yes! Check out Mark Mallett’s web site. He was a national news reporter up in Canada who left his job to begin a music and writing ministry. His main web site is markmallett.com/, where you can buy copies of his music, etc. On his blog, he posted an excerpt from the Diary of Sr. Faustina regarding a message Jesus gave her, THIS IS YOUR HOUR OF MERCY!. The blog entry proved so popular that he’s made this meditation available in the form of a pamphlet. You can check out the pamphlet here.

This pamphlet looks like it might be something your group might want to distribute. :slight_smile:

<><

You’re not slow, you’re just learning! (aren’t we all?) :smiley: How wonderful that your parish is starting a Divine Mercy Prayer Group! I wish we had one!

You should definitely check out thedivinemercy.org/ for lots of great information. Also, within that site, you can learn about the Mother of Mercy Messengers (MOMM):

"Spark renewal in your community by bringing the heart of The Divine Mercy message to those around you with the dramatic, and inspiring programs of Mother of Mercy Messengers (MOMM).

Whether a live visit or through our excellent tapes and videos, MOMM brings the Catholic faith to life, building faith, hope and love for God and neighbor.

Schedule MOMM to bring this powerful message of Christ’s mercy to your area."
~source: thedivinemercy.org/momm/index.php

They do a very spiritual and beautiful presentation on the Divine Mercy – I saw it at parish I grew up in and arranged for them to come to my current parish last fall – it is excellent, truly a blessing, and will win hearts to the Divine Mercy! :heart:

That’s amazing! I don’t regret that I started this thread ho ho ho!!! :smiley:

Is your catholic faith important to you?
Should your potential mate share your faith & values?
Looking for fellowship with other catholic singles?

I don’t see any substantial difference between them, except that one concludes with the Trisagion, one of the most frequently used prayers in almost all Eastern Churches.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.