Need help im a catholic and pentecostal teachings are stuck in my head!

I’m 16 and I use to go to a pentecostal church for 12 years and now I’m catholic and the left over teachings are stuck in my head they made me seem like I can’t have fun in life like I have to give up everything in life. I race Dirt bikes and pentecostal teachings where I came from act like everything was a sin and we could not do anything fun it wont go away and its turning me against god sometimes. Please help this sounds stupid and all but its starting to drive me crazy

racing dirt bikes isnt sinful…lol…make an appointment to talk with your priest about this…if you dont know what to say then just write on a piece of paper what you have written in your question here…he will be able to guide you spiritually with leaving behind the pentecostal teachings and embracing your catholic faith…plus he can tell you what would be considered sinful behaviour and what isnt

good luck:thumbsup:

[quote="Motocross3417, post:1, topic:236137"]
I'm 16 and I use to go to a pentecostal church for 12 years and now I'm catholic and the left over teachings are stuck in my head they made me seem like I can't have fun in life like I have to give up everything in life. I race Dirt bikes and pentecostal teachings where I came from act like everything was a sin and we could not do anything fun it wont go away and its turning me against god sometimes. Please help this sounds stupid and all but its starting to drive me crazy

[/quote]

You have progressed and moved on in your faith life. Jesus tells us that, once we put hand to plow, not to look back (Luke 9:62). Yes, some of those teachings were hammered into your head, but now you have the chance to realize that they were misguided. God wants you to enjoy the gift of life that He has given you. Jesus came so that "we might have life, and life in abundance" (John 10:10). Abundant life does not mean hating everything that surrounds you, and living in fear. But, neither does it mean that you can live a worldly life and fail to honor and worship God (Luke 12:15). Just maintain a healthy balance between your faith and your pleasure activities. Have you asked your priest about this? Great place to get this straightened out in your head.

Hi,

The last posting was nice. TMIY was a big help, in The Holy Roman Catholic Church. They helped me to put things into perspective, when I had to go from a Self-Taught Bible Based understanding of Catholicism to mainstream Catholocism. My experience is mainstream is deep and wonderful.

One thing to remember is Jesus is Lord of The Sabbath. Or in plainer terms, He sets the rules by which He wishes us to act.

I had to allow teasing, the good kind, into my life again. I had given this up. Most people are very pleased with this. Yet, the way I allowed it was to confess this sin in confession, and then listen while priest after priest told me it was no sin. I eventually changed.

I had to allow certainty in sin, rather than rumor, or a vague feeling that I had sinned. I used to be too scrupulous. ((It is against church laws and therefore Jesus’s way of doing things to confess sins of which you are uncertain of. I was unaware of this. It is formally called a sin, if you confess sins of which you are unsure of. The OCD scrupulosity site had that information, on Catholic.com here.))

Well that’s all for now.

By the way I did the “Iron Butt” with a friend of mine. It is no sin. ((The Iron Butt is 1000 miles or more in 24 hours on a motorcycle.))

…Curt…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.