Need help in translating a latin certificate...

Any takers? I can email the scanned copy. It is a short document…

Type the words on here- I personally am reluctant to open an attached file from someone I don’t know.

DICECESIS (SEAL) LITTERAE
AMBIANENSIS AUTHENTICAE

CARLOS ALBERTUS LECOMTE,
Dei et Apostolicae Sedis gratis,
EPISCOPUS AMBIANENSIS

[left] Universus et singulis praesentes Nostras litteras inspecturis fidem facimus atque testamur quod Nos, as majorem Omnipotentis Dei gloriam, Sanctorumque suorum venerationem, legitime recognovimus sequentes sacras Reliquias, videlicent particula m ex ossibus Sanctas Andreas Ap quas ex authenticis locis extractas reverenter collocavimus in Theca ex metallo figurae rotundae crystollo occlusa, bene clausa et funiculo serico coloris rubri colligata, sigilloque Nostro in cera hispanica impresso pro identitate obsignata, cum faculate illas apud se retinedi, aliis donadi, et in quacumque Ecclesia, Oratorio aut Capella Dioecesis Nostrae collocandi, et publice fidelium venerationi exponendi.

In quorum fidem has litteras teatamonials sub signo sigilloque Nostris per infrascriptum Secretarium Curiae Nostrae Episcopalis expediri mandavimus.

Datum Ambiani die 30 menis 11 anno Dni 1927

(impression seal) (seal) signature
De Mandato Illustrissimi ae Reverendissimi
DD. Episcopi Ambianensis:
signature
[/left]

Well,

Amiens in Latin is AMBIANENSIS. It is an authentication letter for relics. It describes the characteristics or the reliquary.

Feel free to tell me if I am wrong.

Sorry i didn’t translate it word for word.

CARLOS ALBERTUS LECOMTE,
Dei et Apostolicae Sedis gratis,
EPISCOPUS AMBIANENSIS.

Charles Albert LeCompte
Of the Grace of God and the Apostolic See
Bishop of Amiens

Sorry, I can’t give a word for word translation, so I’ll paraphrase what I can decipher.

The reliquary carries authentic relics of St. Andrew (I assume the apostle). It was venerate publicly in the diocesan chapel

Datum Ambiani die 30 menis 11 anno Dni 1927
 Given at Amiens, 3 May in the year of the Lord 1927

De Mandato Illustrissimi ae Reverendissimi

DD. Episcopi Ambianensis:
Of the command of the Most Illustrious and Most Reverend Lord, the Lord Bishop of Amiens.

I’m afraid that’s all I can do.

A good person on this forum to ask is Mike C. He can read, write, and speak Latin fluently! Send him a private message.

google translate it

If you want a good laugh…that doesn’t always work well and can make a mess of things.

[quote="paddysham, post:8, topic:40734"]
google translate it

[/quote]

This thread is seven years old. Forums rules discourage the resurrection of threads older than a year. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.