Need Help Muting People

The ability to mute or block people needs to be better. I have seen a topic discussing how to mute people in your preferences but I don’t see anything. Help?

There is a feature but it just prevents you from getting notifications around that poster, you will still see their posts so I don’t think it will achieve what you would like it to.

You can mute threads, or even whole forums, but Discourse does not provide a way to mute or block individual posters.
I don’t like it either.

Hi littleburgy,

You can still try using the feature if you like.

As elf said, you will still see the member’s posts on the forum. What it does is stop their notifications for you, from being seen. For example, if they liked one of your posts, you won’t be notified of it.

You need to go into your forum Preferences section, to set the changes and to use this feature. To get there, go up to your username avatar in the upper right-hand corner of your screen. Click on that, and below that, you’ll see what looks like a small gear icon.

That is your Preferences icon. Click on that, and then you’ll see all of your forum settings.

Look at the left-hand side of your screen. You’ll see active links there. Click on the one that says “Notifications.”

You’ll then see a section where you can mute users. You can add more than one username, from left to right, by filling in the little sections there.

When you’re finished filling that section out, click on the blue “Save Changes” button for your selection to take place.

I’m going to edit this to add, that anytime that you want to remove someone’s name from the list, you just click on the “x” that you seen in the little box and it will remove their name. Then, you click on the “Save Changes” button again for your selection to take place.

Thank you so much!

You’re welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks from me too. Makes it so much easier knowing these things.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.