Need help on this forum

bibleforums.org/forum/showthread.php?p=502708#post502708

People who debate questions like, “Which Church did Jesus establish…or did he even establish a Church” are beyond help. Don’t waste your time – find a more receptive audience.

[quote=vern humphrey]People who debate questions like, “Which Church did Jesus establish…or did he even establish a Church” are beyond help. Don’t waste your time – find a more receptive audience.
[/quote]

thats not exactly a very catholic response

[quote=vern humphrey]People who debate questions like, “Which Church did Jesus establish…or did he even establish a Church” are beyond help. Don’t waste your time – find a more receptive audience.
[/quote]

huh? I think that is a very relevant thread. Try and get past the title and look at what the thread says. It’s meant to be thought provoking and generate meaningful dialogue.

anyone that can help, I’d appreciate it. How am I doing? Thoughts? I am truly searching out Protestantism and have been for about 1 yr now, although I am well grounded in my Catholic faith. I never seem to get straight answers, and the way scripture is misused drives me nuts.

I will try to stop by and register some time this week-end.

[quote=Catholic Tom]anyone that can help, I’d appreciate it. How am I doing? Thoughts? I am truly searching out Protestantism and have been for about 1 yr now, although I am well grounded in my Catholic faith. I never seem to get straight answers, and the way scripture is misused drives me nuts.
[/quote]

See Black Knight’s post there…

slightlypuzzled
Administrator
Christian Status: 20+ years

This thread is being locked…no further lead-ins to Catholic doctorine will be tolerated.

LOL

It seems you were doing quite well, judging the results… :smiley:

[quote=Giennensis]--------------------------------------
slightlypuzzled
Administrator
Christian Status: 20+ years

This thread is being locked…no further lead-ins to Catholic doctorine will be tolerated.

LOL

It seems you were doing quite well, judging the results… :smiley:
[/quote]

Unfortunately… CT caught a “coffee break” (suspension) for it. Poor admin over there…can’t even spell “doctrine” when he’s upset… :rolleyes:

Y’know what’s kinda odd to me? N-Cs seem to feel it’s okay to come in here and attack Catholicism and to post their beliefs but if we do that on their forums they suspend us and lock/delete the threads. One thing I love about CAF is how tolerant we all seem to be. We allow people to say whatever they want until they get vitriolic or disrespectful before we hit the http://forums.catholic.com/images/buttons_cab/report.gif panic button. may God always give us grace to be as charitable and tolerant as Jesus Himself was.
Pax vobiscum,

“and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”
-John 8:32

Fear of the truth and the inability to realize that Christ cannot stand opposed to the truth. These people just don’t realize that if you are scared of hearing other beliefs there are two possibilities:

A. You don’t know enough about what you believe
or
B. What you believe cannot be defended and is false.

In both cases it is pride that stands in the way. The same reason so many conservative fundamentalist Christians fear science, the inability to realize that Christ IS truth. All we can do at this point is pray for them. God bless.

I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY CLOSED MY THREAD. WAS I NOT CHARITABLE…ok, phew, I’m more calm now, but WHAT THE HECK.

I wanted to simply stay on topic, with basically how the Protestant reconciles Matthew 18:17: “If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector.”

Then someone asked me: "
How would one know the church that Christ founded (if such He did) from all the possible modern selections?

Are there any distictive indicators that we can look to to discern this?"

So I answered it, not once mentioning the Catholic Church, however anyone who knows their history will know that it has the 4 marks of the true Church.

Then I tried to stay on topic, and they closed my thread…again, WHAT THE HECK? This just reinforces my belief of the fear protestants in general have about hearing the Catholic position that makes just too much sense. I had some honest questions, that were sidestepped and never answered. I also looked forward to starting new threads about the disagreements on Core Doctrines such as Baptism, justification, etc.

I am so dissapointed.

You hit the nail on the head. I’ve been banned from three (so far) Christian sites for expressing my Catholic beliefs.

[quote=Church Militant]Unfortunately… CT caught a “coffee break” (suspension) for it. Poor admin over there…can’t even spell “doctrine” when he’s upset… :rolleyes:

Y’know what’s kinda odd to me? N-Cs seem to feel it’s okay to come in here and attack Catholicism and to post their beliefs but if we do that on their forums they suspend us and lock/delete the threads. One thing I love about CAF is how tolerant we all seem to be. We allow people to say whatever they want until they get vitriolic or disrespectful before we hit the http://forums.catholic.com/images/buttons_cab/report.gif panic button. may God always give us grace to be as charitable and tolerant as Jesus Himself was.
Pax vobiscum,
[/quote]

Michael,

Actually, if you go to the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry forums you will find a thread a couple of months old talking about how intolerant this forum is of divergent views. Apparently a poster there got suspended here …

• Liberian

[quote=Sir Knight]You hit the nail on the head. I’ve been banned from three (so far) Christian sites for expressing my Catholic beliefs.
[/quote]

Hey, that’s personal, too. My uncle has banned email from me, because it does not conform to his protestant standards. There is no subject open to discussion. The Ryrie Bible and Strong’s Concordance that he gave me are in the garbage can right now, as I write this. I have a better edition of Strong’s than he gave me, anyway.

[quote=Catholic Tom]Then someone asked me: "
[size=3]How would one know the church that Christ founded (if such He did) from all the possible modern selections?

Are there any distictive indicators that we can look to to discern this?"
[/quote]

[/size]

[font=Arial]So I answered it, not once mentioning the Catholic Church, however anyone who knows their history will know that it has the 4 marks of the true Church.

I just wonder who that rascal was? :whistle: :wave: :thumbsup: [/FONT]

[quote=Liberian]Michael,

Actually, if you go to the Christian Apologetics and Research Ministry forums you will find a thread a couple of months old talking about how intolerant this forum is of divergent views. Apparently a poster there got suspended here …

• Liberian
    [/quote]

I think there’s a substantial difference between “intolerant” of disrespect for Catholics and abuse of the forum by persons with an agenda using it as a platform for evangelism. The Catholics here at CA are far and away more tolerant of objective discussion of Catholic beliefs than most of the n-C forums that I am on. So long as a poster is charitable and sincere with their questions I have yet to see the posters here at CA react as badly as our n-C counterparts on their fora.

As for CARM…I have seen some of their people on here and interacted with them, but I have yet to find one that isn’t here to evangelize us away from the whore of Babylon. CARM willfully spreads misinformation about the Catholic Church and refuses to acknowlege our faith as Christian. It’s one thing to believe something erroneous about the Catholic faith, it’s another matter alltogether to come in here and outright refuse to accept correction of those errant beliefs about us when we offer rational and charitable evidence.
CARM is not simply Christian…they are anti-Catholic and cannot see the inconsistency of that position. CARM is not there to simply spread the gospel (as the forum that CT got tossed off of seems to be.) they are there to classify other faiths as cults and to offer info to their members on how to evangelize them. In that context it is naive to view CARM as anything other than a hostile anti-Catholic site. IMO there is very little purpose for any of us to hang out there.

I will never go into an n-C forum with a view to evangelize them away from their churches, though I do believe that we have the fullness of truth. I believe that if someone from another church wants to know the truth about our most holy faith they know where to find us here and I have no problem with discussions here that might lead to them joining us. However that is the work of the Holy Spirit and my job is to provide accurate info and to encourage them to seek the Holy Spirit’s guidance and to pray for them behind the scenes. The rest of our evangelism is (as the church teaches) to they of our own households and then to the unchurched and unbelievers.

All that said, will I sit here and allow someone to bash, deride, or offer blatant misinformation about our faith here or anywhere else? No chance! Will I choose carefully the fora that I particiapte in and avoid those that consider the Catholic faith a cult or non-Christian? Count on it.

Am I intolerant of other religions? Absolutely not! If you wanna rationally talk with a fairly knowlegeable Catholic about the faith, I am at your service. Am I tolerant of those who wish to evangelize me and my fellow Catholics away from our most holy faith or who spout misinformation and attack the Catholic Church? Again…absolutely not!
Pax vobiscum,

Here is the response I got, and the response I gave back to the moderators:

[quote=qbee]Hi Scripture Man …

You are in here because the Facs are concerned that the dialogue and threads
you have started are to Challenge our belives and promote RCC doctrin on our
board … This is clearly against our rules … We have several members that have
come in from your board and are trying to do the same thing. We dont go to
your Catholic board and try and challenge you faith.

Because we consider that trolling. :mad:

By your statement above is seems that your goal is to present us with the
RCC view that makes more sense …

So please tell us what is your purpose for joining our protestant board??
[/quote]

That is quite the assumption. Many people come from different beliefs, and I happen to be Christian. If you read my posts, although it’s obvious that I know my history of the Early Church, and I also know my scripture, I am challenging a Protestant position I don’t understand. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CATHOLIC DOCTRINE. Please, I think in the future it would be wise to be more tolerant. Part of someone searching is questioning doctrine and belief. I have been charitable, especially to the other posters. Your premature actions really have made this forum seem intolerant, especially in light of what will be looked at as a cowardly action. Please reconsider this action, and also reconsider your “criteria” for banning users.

Thanks, and God Bless.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.