Need Help = What is a spiritual bouquet?

Does anyone know what a spiritual bouquet is?

Blessings,
Shannin

[quote=shannin]Does anyone know what a spiritual bouquet is?

Blessings,
Shannin
[/quote]

Dear friend

As far as in I understand it…instead of giving someone a bunch of beautiful fragrant flowers as a gift, you offer an ‘Our Father’ or Holy Communion or a whole mixture of prayers and devotions (Rosary etc) for the person, which to my mind is more fragrant and beautiful than any flower!

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Dear Teresa,

Thank you, that’s exactly what I thought a spiritual bouquet would be. I just said two Hail Marys to the Blessed Mother for you.

Your Sister in Christ,
Shannin

Dear friend

Thank you so much for your kindness, I’ll return the same for you.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you always

Teresa

They can come many ways usually through prayer. I remember years ago recieving a spiritual bousquet from St. Theresa. What a beautiful bouquet of roses she sent me. It was just what I needed at that time.The fragrance was so heavenly. Praise God for His gifts. :smiley:

you are making me feel very old. A spiritual bouquet is a garland of spiritual flowers (prayers, aspirations, rosaries, good deeds etc.) offered for the intentions of someone on a special occasion such as birthday, anniverary of priestly ordination, feast day etc. We just did that for Priest’s Sunday, Oct. 31. Every CCD class pre-K through 12th made a poster, card, (in one case, a painted rock) with promises or composed prayers for our pastor. He was very touched when these were presented by the students at our parish celebration of All SAints. FYI, the winners of the best costume contest were Texas Aggies Cheerleader (girls over 7), Guardian Angel (girls under 7), Priest (boys over 7) and Juan Diego (boys under 7). This is Texas where football is a sacramental, so don’t laugh.

I’m confused as to how a spiritual boquet is presented.

Blessings,
Shannin

When I was in school we made cards, wrote down the prayers that had been offered and then gave them to the recipient. The ones I remember most were for our Moms on Mother’s Day.

Of course today you can do them on-line. There has been an ever-growing spiritual bouquet for Mother Angelica on the EWTN site ever since her last stroke. :slight_smile:

Dear friend

You can make the person aware you have offered prayers, Mass, devotions etc for them, or you can do it between you and God. Sometimes it is important that the person konws , so that they know they are loved and cared for, but some things are better kept between you and you Father in heaven…let not your right hand know what your left hand is doing …

If you feel it would be beneficial for the person concerned to know you are saying a spiritual bouquet for them, send them a card and let them know this way or if it is a close friend, just tell them.

Whether you tell them or noit it is your belief that our Father in heaven can do those things through your intercession and prayer that brings about our Father doing these if it is His will, you will know by what happens around you if those prayers have been willed as His will and happen. I see evidence everyday of my prayers that my Father has willed.

God Bless you and much love and peace to you

Teresa

Can a spiritual bouquet be offered for a “cause” rather tha a person? If it is a cause related to the Pope, would one then send him a letter indicating it?

A spiritual bouquet could most certainly be started for a cause.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.