Need help with a decision

So I plan on going into the field of business, but keep thinking about whether the marriage or celibate life is for me. I always wanted to start a family and have kids, but I also always wanted to spread God’s word. I have always loved studying moral theology and would love to write books dealing with this as well as other things such as prayer, and many other things dealing with God. My question is can a lay person write books about these things and my second question is whether I was called to marriage or to celibacy?

The answer to your first question is yes. Many lay Catholics have written books about various aspects of the faith.

As for your second question, I don't know how anonymous strangers on the Internet can answer that for you. It's important to note, however that having a spouse and family and spreading God's word are not mutually exclusive.

My advice, go for marriage and business.
If God calls you, you will not need to hesitate. You will find in the ministry in no time…!!!

If you have prayed about this and feel that you might have a calling to a religious vocation, the best thing to do is to keep praying and contact your diocesan vocations office.

I run a search for _______________ Catholic diocese (sometimes I get an Epsicopalian one instead if they have one with the same name), and then you will be able to find a number for the diocese and they will direct you to the right office.

Arturo, I say if you can, and this is a BLESSING, go for the RELIGIOUS LIFE! You can greatly improve your relationship with God, and you have more time for meditations and contemplations on Holy Mysteries. Plus your heart would be well directed in prayer, and if you pursue Priesthood, you will get to CONSECRATE THE HOST! Good luck.

Yes, Lay people can write books on any subject as such. Might be good if you could get to know your Bishop a bit so they might write some kind of introduction ie (just to get you sales). But anyone can write and publish if you self publish or kindle publish. Otherwise the hard bit isn’t the writing but getting a publish to publish your work.

The second question, only you with God alone can answer that question I am sorry to say. Yeh, people can answer it to you but it wouldn’t be fair. If you are already married then you have a duty to your partner as St Paul does tell you about. But if you aren’t married then you might like to explore further. With God try a period of complete celibacy and review it with God every week. Do you have a Spiritual Director? Might be a good time to find one because then you can actually discuss both questions with them and they will walk with you per se along your journey.

Thanks for all your answers. I have always had a question with this. I was planning on dating to see whether I was called to marriage. I have been wondering lately.

I know that if I do go to marriage I would do my best to be a grest husband to the vest of my abilities, and I would definitely do my best to raise my kids with the Catholic faith.

Ixalso know that being a priest would be a great experience as talking about God is alwaye a good thing.

[quote="Arturo_Ortiz, post:7, topic:291492"]
Thanks for all your answers. I have always had a question with this. I was planning on dating to see whether I was called to marriage. I have been wondering lately.

I know that if I do go to marriage I would do my best to be a grest husband to the vest of my abilities, and I would definitely do my best to raise my kids with the Catholic faith.

Ixalso know that being a priest would be a great experience as talking about God is alwaye a good thing.

[/quote]

though very challenging at times as being a priest is also about taking care of the non worshippers too that come to you

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.