Need help with faith and prayer

Hello,

To make a long story short, recently I had to quit a job because of a new pacemaker and a physician that seems to think a microwave plasma generator that runs on 10’s of thousands of watts is the same as the ones sitting on your kitchen counter and that the magnetic fields associated with said power generation is okay because people have survived being put into CT machines by accident with them.

Any who, my family and I have been living off a retirement account that I’d saved up, but it’s starting to run very short. I have tired to start a small business during this time, but it isn’t even paying for it’s self yet.

Okay, sorry that is longer then intended.

Suffice it to say, during my prayer time it seems that The Lord is telling me to have faith He will provide. The human in me is scare to death because this kind of faith is WAY out of my league, which of course might be way He is doing it. (Insert sheepish grin here)

My request is, could those of you who read this please ask The Lord to help me over these problems? Faith can be a hard thing when a guy is used to being able to at least get a job when he needed one, and in our country, self reliance is almost a religion in and of it’s self.

I’m really needing faith that we can do all things through Christ, and a peace that this really is going the right way. Unfortunately I’m not able to be like St. Paul and the other Saints and have that total conviction that I’m hearing God correctly, or doing the right things.

Wow! I’ve taken up way too much of your time, but if you happen to think about it, when you get the chance, it would sure be appreciated if you remember us and our little store in your prayers.

Thanks much

SA

Praying.:signofcross:

And those who know your name put their trust in you,
for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.
Psalm 9:10

“Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him;
I will protect him, because he knows my name.
When he calls to me, I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will rescue him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”
Psalm 91:14-16

Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
and do not lean on your own understanding.
In all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make straight your paths.

Proverbs 3:5-6

You keep him in perfect peace
whose mind is stayed on you,
because he trusts in you.
Trust in the Lord forever,
for the Lord God is an everlasting rock.

Isaiah 26:3-4

Praying for you. God Bless

Praying very hard for your intention!

Holy Angels, please pray for him

Thanks Everyone. You’re making my heart happy. It’s wonderful knowing there are so many out there still willing to help a total stranger. Thank YOU.

I am looking for a Latin dictionary though on one. :wink:

Thank you
Thank you
Thank you

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Lord, support us as we pray to you, and keep us day and night under your protection.
Guide us as we live in this world of change,
and let your own unchangeability be a firm foundation for us.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen.

May the Lord bless us and keep us from all harm; and may he lead us to eternal life.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.