Need info on this hymn/chant

Hello, I was wondering if anybody know the title of this hymn, chant. It’s only short. It’s on 1:33:25 Thanks in advance

I’m pretty sure its called O Salutaris Hostia.

O salutaris Hostia,
Quæ cæli pandis ostium:
Bella premunt hostilia,
Da robur, fer auxilium.

Uni trinoque Domino
Sit sempiterna gloria,
Qui vitam sine termino
Nobis donet in patria.

Amen.

Oh wow, you don’t know how you made me happy today. First time i heard this chant on EWTN Daily Mass when you can still watch the Sisters sang years ago. I even asked EWTN staff via email and they couldn’t help me. Thank you so much. God bless you.

I have to say - I wish we could sing this at every parish in the world on a regular basis. An entire generation has been denied the beautiful hymns and antiphons that are part of our Catholic heritage. Everyone should know this hymn. I personally only learned it within the last decade. I wish I had learned it as a child.

Yes, there were many variation, like other chants, but this is the one i’m looking for.

This chant is also used at the beginning of some holy hours at the exposition of the Blessed Sacrament. I first heard it sung (in English) when I worked in NYC where the shrine to St. Elizabeth Ann Seton (down by Battery Park) had exposition daily at the conclusion of their Noon Mass.

As others said it is O Salutaris Hostia. We used to sing it at Eucharistic Adoration but we chanted it.

I’m not sure of the tune. It sounds like it might be the same as ‘Take up thy cross’ whose tune is ‘Germany’.

Different strokes for different folks. I am glad I do not have this at my parish, ever.

Wow. Just wow. (-__-)

I don’t want to argue here, but I am sure there is music you wouldn’t want to hear either. For me, this is it. You like it, fine. But don’t expect everyone else to, and don’t think that your preference is “right” and mine is wrong.

It’s not my bag either. I prefer Gregorian chant, the sequence in the video was in polyphony. Gregorian chant has a noble simplicity to it that polyphony doesn’t.

I am talking about the hymn/words - not necessarily the arrangement. I agree about the beauty of Gregorian chant.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.