Need of Prayers

Today is the first anniversary of my mother’s death and I am struggling with this. I cried most of Christmas Day and today is not much better. I can’t seem to pray, just cry and the 4PM Mass today is being said for her and I don’t know if I can even go. Please keep me in your prayers. I have been praying, but I am not getting any answers, nor do I feel peace.

hugs :hug3:

Our Beautiful Loving Mother Mary,

Please take this precious child of God in your arms and console them in their suffering. Please grant their mother enterance into heaven, and please grant that they will see each other in Heaven again. Please let your child know this, and help them overcome all of the suffering and pain. Bring them peace, Mother Mary. You are the Queen of Peace.

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death
Amen!

-Jeanne

Hi and Merry Christmas, Happy Birthday to Jesus, our saviour ! , I must say I understand you very well. I know how painful your ordeal can be. I a number of years ago , had 4 of my closest loved ones people pass away within one year , 2 within weeks . I have been sad at times too during this Christmas , as I remember them. But you must keep praying God will give you the strength. Yes , you will be sad , but always keep in prayer , do not let the enemy overwhelm you. You must go to the memorial , it is very important and it will build you up too. Lord keep lakotak strong during this time and let his faith grow , bring love and joy into his heart through friends and new people coming into his life . thanks for this LORD, in Jesus’s name I pray, amen. God bless you, John

*** Praying for you…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done,
on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and
forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Hail Holy Queen
Mother of mercy
hail our life our sweetness and our hope
to thee do we cry poor banished children of Eve
to thee do we send up our sighs
mourning and weeping in this vale of tears

Turn then O Most gracious advocate
thin eyes of mercy towards us
and after this our exile
show unto us the blessed fruits
of thy womb,Jesus

O Clement O Loving O sweet Virgin Mary
pray for us O Holy Mother of God
that we may be made worthy of the promises
of Christ
Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle,
be our protection against the malice
and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan and all evil spirits who wander
through the world for the ruin of souls. Amen.

Adding prayers for the intercession of St. Dymphna. Also prayers for the intercession of Servant of God Father Nelson Baker for your needs/intentions…

I pray that the good Lord heals your broken heart and eases your pain with his love. May you find comfort, strength and healing. Amen.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with you
Blessed are you among women
and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of death
Amen!

Praying for your comfort ...

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

And for your mother ...
Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord. And may Your Perpetual Light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.
Amen.

I would like to thank all of you for all your prayers. They certainly were not in vain. Mom died on the 26th day of December 2008 and tomorrow a year ago she was buried. I would like to share the following journey that I had with Jesus with you these past few days.

I have had many conversations, per say, with Jesus about mom these last few days and He has made me understand that, to put it simply, that my mind, my head, has relinquished her to Him, but my heart has not. Many things have been said. But He has reminded me that mom is no longer of this earth that she is with Him, that her body was buried, but she was not. The more I think about what was said, the more I can see where this is actually the problem. I don’t think I would have ever thought about it in these terms, if divine intervention had not enlightened me. I think it is very true, my head knows, but my heart won’t let her go to Him. The base fact is as He expressed it, until I reach the point where I can relinquish her to His care, I will not have peace. This has nothing to do with forgetting her or feeling sad at her passing. It just means that until I reach the point where I can really, in my heart, hand her over to His eternal care. I am going to be a mess. My head and my heart have to be in sinc. I don’t know if this makes sense to you, but I understand. At least He has let me know what I have to do. I would have never figured it out by myself in these terms in which He put it.

Also, He has enlightened me to remember that our loved ones and friends do not belong to us, as we so much take that for fact, they (we) belong to Him before they came, while they are here and until He decides to bring them home. He shares these loved one with us. He expects us to love them, provided for them, learn from them and all the good things that He intends each of us to do with family and friends. However, when in His time, he also expects us out of Love for Him and them to relinquish them to His eternal care. This is a reminder that everything belongs to Him and that we must love Him above everything, even our loved one.

I think as a result of all our prayers, tomorrow will be different than it would have been.

God Bless Everyone and a Wonderful New Year.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my mother; to thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me.

Many blessings to you.

There is also the Beatitude, “blessed are they who mourn for they shall be comforted.”

Bible verses from today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Mid-morning reading (Terce) Titus 2:11-12 ©
God’s grace has been revealed, and it has made salvation possible for the whole human race and taught us that what we have to do is to give up everything that does not lead to God, and all our worldly ambitions; we must be self-restrained and live good and religious lives here in this present world.

Noon reading (Sext) 1 John 4:9 ©
God’s love for us was revealed when God sent into the world his only Son so that we could have life through him.

Afternoon reading (None) Acts 10:36 ©
God sent his word to the people of Israel, and it was to them that the good news of peace was brought by Jesus Christ – but Jesus Christ is Lord of all men.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.