Need prayers and advice about job

I live in Louisiana, so I guess I should be happy to at least have a job, right now, especially. However, I want a new job. Where I’m at now, it’s too much bureaucracy (a state job in education finance), lack of communcation, bad attitudes, no direction or guidance, frivolous spending, gossiping, etc. However, it’s crazy and even more unorganized (if that’s possible) right now because of displaced school children and teachers due to Katrina, but they expect me to “step up to the plate”, because we are kind of understaffed in my unit at the moment. This, among other things that have recently been said, makes me very angry and hurt my feelings, because I have been passed over in my own department for promotion 8 times since January. These jobs were given to people who all came in after me and I’ve been there since college, and I’ve always “stepped up to the plate”. I have come home in tears alot this year. I have always gratefully taken on assignments and work as efficiently and effectively as I can, working in a government-run environment and am struggling not to let the negativity sink in, but it’s getting to me. To make matters worse, our governor has just put a hiring freeze on all state jobs. My supervisor has serious control issues, is rude, and always defensive. No one can talk to her.

Sorry for rambling.

Please continue to keep Louisiana in your prayers.

Please pray that I find a new job soon or for things to get better on my current job, so that I may be better able to serve the education of my state.

Dear Karen1996,

Although changing jobs must certainly be really challenging right about now in Lousiana, I seriously encourage you to explore the possibilities, follow your dreams, and prayerfully look to see what other jobs might be out there waiting for you. Seek to find where Jesus is leading you.

You are in my prayers.

God bless you!

~~ the phoenix

Will be praying for you, and asking St Joseph to help you too.
:thumbsup:

:gopray: Lord what strength you have given her to withstand what see has withstood. We praise You Lord. Now we ask that you would bring a change in her heart, a change that only a sense of being in Your well can give. Direct her Lord, reveal to her whether you want her to stay or if you have something else prepared for her. Open or close the door as you see fit. Father I pray you embrace her on the days when her boss is unkind. Take away her tears

Hail Mary full of grace
The Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary, mother of God
Pray for us sinners now
and at the hour of our death

Praying that you find a job that is a good fit for you.

Praying very hard to St. Joseph for you!

J†M†J
Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.