Need prayers and Advice...Stressed

I was brought up a Catholic then fell away but then had a conversion experience and now want to become a saint. That’s my number one goal, only problem is I feel like I’m going to have a nervous breakdown. I feel so much anxiety trying to rid my life of sin, fit in time for prayer, for my family, for my friends, for volunteering, for my girlfriend, go to daily mass, and reading the bible. On top of this I have my normal everyday secular needs like working on my thesis for school. I get so stressed out I just sit there and instead of doing anything I just think about how much I have to do and how far away I am from really being a model Catholic. It’s gotten to the point that I can’t even really sit down and watch tv with my girlfreind because I think about how I could be doing more worthwhile things like helping others. In an attempt not to waste and to make the most out of my day I find myself falling apart. Thank you for your prayers and any insight.

sorry I wasn’t aware you weren’t supposed to ask for advice in this section. I’ll post in another category.

Nootmeg,

Good luck with everything. Remember that God loves you and knows your heart, and your struggles. Perhaps set out a few minutes in the morning to set up a time line for the day. Setting aside Bible time, girlfriend time, study time, etc., will alleviate some stress, and help you be accountable to how you allocate time. And perhaps try to fit in 30-seconds prayers throughout the day asking for intercession and guidance for each task as you begin it. God will appreciate your seeking his wisdom in your daily endeavors.

Remember, no one is perfect, and Satan is always looking for a way to sow doubt. Seek the Lord in all your tasks, do your best to relax and let each day unfold as it unfolds. God is with you.

***+JMJTJ+

Your intentions will be in my prayers.***

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Prayers for you. Give Our Lord and His Immaculate Mother ALL your intentions and pray for theirs instead. So much easier and really eases your mind and worries. I used to have anxiety and panic attacks and prayer and the Rosary have eased my tensions and made my life livable.

Your doing the most important thing you can do by returning to the Catholic faith. May God bless you and give you comfort…

Praying For You
Grandma Glor

Prayers promised for your intention.

Blessings,

Your intentions will be in my prayers. You’re actually very lucky. You still have a whole life in front of you. You can still be a saint, that is. One suggestion: You can try praying short ejaculations like “Jesus, Mary, I love YOu. Save Souls,” while having a quiet time with your girlfriend. That prayer is supposed to prevent a soul from going to eternal damnation everytime it is said.
Another prayer taught by St. Gertrude the Great which is supposed to save 1,000 souls everytime it is said is this:
“Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the masses said throughout the world today for all the Holy Souls in Purgatory, for sinners everywhere, for sinners in the Universal Church, those in my own home and within my family. Amen.”

It’s okay to be human! We are made in image of God. Jesus is God but enormously human too.

“In my ‘little way every thing is most ordinary; all that I do, little souls must be able to do likewise. (Saint Therese of Lisieux)

Regarding holiness
Dear Jesus, please reveal brilliantly to all, that You do not require that individuals need to be regarded as Saints, in order to be Your saints.

Assure them that holiness is Your action, not ours! Let them read the gospels and reflect on what they read, discovering that You were truly human, that you wept, felt pain, joy, and exasperation, “How long do I have to put up with this faithless generation!”) [Mark 9:19]

You became angry [in the Temple]. You were sometimes disappointed, sometimes weary.

You felt the need to be alone, and the desire to escape a dreadful ordeal (“let this cup pass from me”). [Luke 22:42]

Then in the depths of suffering, You found faith difficult, (“My God, why have You abandoned me?”) [Psalm 22:1]

Why did not the evangelists record Your laughter! How sober of them! However, they do record as Your lyrical delight over little children, (“Blessed are You, Father, Lord of Heaven and Earth! You have revealed to little ones, the mysteries of Your Kingdom!” [Matthew 11:25]

Jesus, ask Your people to observe that You lived the ordinary life for about thirty years. If You had not wanted to make such an issue about being vulnerably human, You could have come as a glorious, fully developed human Personage. Jesus, truly human, truly God, help us to become fully human, fully whole.

I’ll PM you later. Have visitors
I really want to talk to you about this, and to reassure you.
Warmly Trishie

Praying for you. Don’t be so hard on yourself, just do the best you can, nobody’s perfect!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.