Need prayers and courage, I have to go to the dentists

I know that this may not be prayer worth but I have a dentist appointment and I am scared. I am 33 and have not been to the dentist for 7 years or so. My last dentist made fun of me for my teeth, and told me that I was not a responsible person for taking poor care of my teeth. My teeth look ok, but I am starting to have to some pain, and am trying to over come my fears. I am so scared of being judged and made fun of. I suffer from anxiety, and am trying to overcome this. I am just seeking your prayers, as I am scared to death.
God Bless.

You too!!!
i have to face the same thing in less than 11 hours time…my problem is depression, as well as anxiety; and my teeth are falling apart because if it.
The fear brings on intestinal trouble…

Lets make a deal: well pray for each other. :slight_smile: i`ll offer up my own anxiety and discomfort for your cause.

You have my empathy. :thumbsup:

That is a deal. I will pray for you. I am trying to overcome my anxiety, I have a therapy appointment today, my dentist appointment tomorrow. I hope that I can get some useful tips. I am just so scared of being made fun of as has happened in the past with other dentists.

Me too!!! I hate needles and the sound of those machines they use. I don’t like going to the dentist. I have an appointment today at 4:30. I try not to think about it and just show up. One thing that I started to do is to pray while the dentist works. I just close my eyes and start praying Hail Mary through the whole thing. AugustineFan, I am older than you. :smiley:

Good idea Fiasco. Let’s pray for one another. I’m in.

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I know exactly what you mean and what you are going through.
Some years ago I had a root canal done on one of my tooth. Tears flawed :smiley:
3 weeks ago I was told I needed the same procedure. I prayed and prayed to Saint Apollonia, the saint who had all her teeth knocked out by her persecutors. Believe you me, I felt no pain, just twice during the procedure I felt a very slight, very , very slight pain but for the most part I was just comfortable.
Saint Apollonia,
Pray for AugustineFan.

Prayers offered for you AugustineFan, that you will receive treatment without judgment. (Let this dentist know that you are aware your teeth have problems and that he can skip the lecture because there are other dentists out there that would be willing to see you without ridiculing you. If he does, I would leave and go somewhere else.)

Lord, may this dentist be a true professional and help Augustine Fan with his teeth so that he can have a healthy smile for life. Touch the heart of this dentist and all dentists, that they will be compassionate and sensitive in their profession, for people come to them with great anxiety and trepidation. I ask this through the intercession of Your Most Holy Mother, Mary.

I’ll say a prayer for all you going to the dentist! Don’t worry, you will be fine. :slight_smile:

Praying. I hope you’ve found a new dentist.

Lord, may AugustineFan take care of his/her teeth and have a good appointment with the dentist. Amen.

Thank you all, folks. :slight_smile:
Survived mine to tell the tale.

And it cost only $210.00! :smiley: It`s been known to be quite a lot higher. :eek:

Praying.

I am praying for you during my Rosary this morning.

God bless,
Bryan

Thank you. I had a good therapy session yesterday. But, still freaking out about the dentist appointment at noon today.

Hello AugustineFan,

I hope your dentist appointment went well. Mine was postponed to today and it wasn’t too bad. I am going to go every six months for a cleaning this way it will not be so traumatizing.

There was a man in the waiting room when I went to the dentist. I felt sorry for him. He really looked terrorized and freaked out. He had his arms wrapped around himself. Poor thing, he had to wait even extra and unnecessarily so.

You were in my prayers today and I asked Our Lord to be with you and grant you peace.

Peace,

Abba

Thanks for the prayers, all went well. God Bless

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
There`s nothing like mutual understanding and assistance!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.