Need prayers for consolation and to help me make close Catholic friends

I kind of had bad luck lately. Over this last year-and-a-half or two years, it seems I’ve lost all my closest friends. It started with my best friend. And now I’ve noticed that one friend is no longer my friend on FB, and neither she nor the last of my closer gal friends has been making an effort to hang out with me (yes, I’ve been taking the initiative to try to arrange hangout dates…and these attempts failed). These were my friends for over seven years. Some of them were Christian, but none of them were practicing Catholics, which I’ve been regretting lately. I’m tired of the hostile atmospheres and wondering who’s gossiping behind my back. I never thought that this could happen until suddenly one bad factor entered the mix and destroyed everything. The only person outside of my family who I still trust is my boyfriend, and I worry about becoming too dependent on him. I really want some friends I can trust again. I can’t say I’ve been a perfect or good friend to everyone, either, though, and I would like some prayers to improve the way I treat others, too.

I have been getting involved in a Catholic campus ministry since the breakdown with my best friend started, but the people there aren’t close friends, yet. I know it’ll take a long time before I can get the same closeness with them that I had with my old friends. It’s really strange sometimes being around these passionate Catholics, because I’m not used to the lack of foul words and conflict, and I’m not used to having peers around me who share my faith. I like the feeling a lot, though, and I hope to finally form that group of Catholic buddies who are important for companionship and for encouraging me in my faith.

Please pray for me to heal from these ongoing emotional wounds, for me to become a better friend to others, for me to find new faithful friends, and for me to become more consciously reliant on God (since I believe that’s what He intended when He allowed these things to happen to me).

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

It sounds to me you are a young person… one of the sad facts of life is…
we change… our attitudes ,the way we talk,dress, joke around.it changes,so do our friends.
the friends you have at school will disappear. we grow up to be adults… and move on to greater things… and yes I know, some friends from school will be friends for life…
but there in the minority of people you meet in life…
your circle of friends grow and then there are none… it happens to most of us…
but never fear… when you get into a career after school…new people will cross paths with you…and some will stay as other with pass by…

Good luck & God Bless

:thumbsup:

Prayng for you…

:gopray:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus.
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen

:gopray:

Thank you for the prayers. Yes, I am quite young, and so I didn’t know this was, well, to be expected. I always thought most people kept at least one friend from grade school. I know I’ll meet new people, possibly even really soon. Sometimes I overreact to little things, perceiving them as signs of possible betrayal. The friend who seemingly de-friended me on FB added me again. All I had to do was send a request. I don’t know if one of us accidentally de-friended the other or not, but apparently she doesn’t despise me, so I guess things are ok. But, yeah, thank you everyone for the prayers.

I just said a prayer for your intentions. God bless you.

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of mercy,
our life, our sweetness, and our hope.
To you do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
to you do we send up our sighs,
mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.
Turn, then, most gracious advocate,
your eyes of mercy toward us;
And after this our exile,
show unto us the blessed fruit of your womb, Jesus.
O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.