need prayers for employment situation

I need prayers for my employment troubles. I am supposed to be working on a long-term project that is contract work. I went through all the pre-training and everything, until I was told that I was only going to be paid monthly on the contract. I spent weeks asking endless questions about this position, and it comes down to me not even having thought about remuneration. I always assumed I was going to be paid once every 2 weeks, not once a month.

So now I’m wondering whether this position is for me, that I wasted my time and the employers, and if I should just pull out. I know that many places only pay monthly, but I simply have too many expenses to properly budget for an entire month. The employer told me that they would try to work with me and see if I could get paid a different way, but honestly I’m not expecting them to find a workaround with me. They all get paid monthly so why should they try to recreate an entire payment system just to fit me?

I haven’t signed the contract yet and I don’t know if I will. I’d imagine I will not make the company happy or their client who I am supposed to be working for. I was told of another potential job opportunity with a company close to where I live, but I will not hear any information until after the New Year. And I already turned down working part-time at my old employer because I thought this new contract position was going to go through completely.

Now I don’t know what to do. So please pray for me.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Years ago when I worked for a govt contractor, the company decided to go on monthy pay. It was difficult to adjust but I really liked it after we were over the initial hard spot in the beginning. Most payment places will work with you to adjust bill dates. It does create a lot of phone calls and such but it can be done.

My prayers are with you as I know emplyment probs with this economy are a real hardship. Gob Bless!

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Is the amount they will pay you suitable?
If it’s a matter of not overspending between paychecks, lodge half into savings each month, and pay utilities and recurring bills from that account on the 15th. That’s what I do, and that way I don’t “think” I have more money than I really do for extras. Also, you’re always early with your recurring bills.
:juggle:

Praying for you…:gopray:

Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen:angel1:

Lord, hear our prayer.
Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying…

A Prayer For Employment

God, our Father, I turn to you seeking your divine help and guidance as I look for suitable employment.
I need your wisdom to guide my footsteps along the right path, and to lead me to find the proper things to say and do in this quest. I wish to use the gifts and talents you have given me, but I need the opportunity to do so with gainful employment.
Do not abandon me, dear Father, in this search, but rather grant me this favor I seek so that I may return to you with praise and thanksgiving for your gracious assistance.
Grant this through Christ, our Lord.
Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me.Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.