Need prayers for knowledge of God's Will

I’m not sure what to ask for, other than God’s Will be done. I’ve been attempting to finish my PhD thesis this year. I had a MAJOR setback yesterday and it is almost insurmountable. I’m a bit numb, and literally don’t know whether to forge ahead and continue, or just throw in the towel. Thank you for all your prayers, I will keep you in mine.

Praying hard for the Holy Spirit to guide you!

Stay strong and keep going! There is a saying “Don’t take a step back not even to propel yourself forward.” I will be praying very hard for you. You are almost there. Keep going.
Lord, please show this person the way or what to do in their situation. Guide them during this tough time. Amen!

Ask your guardian angel to help you.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.
Amen

Father,
Your Son told us that he who perseveres to the end will be saved. Please bless this your child with the grace of endurance and perseverance so that they may complete what they have started. I ask this by aid of the inexpressible groanings of the power of the Holy Spirit, who descended on Mary and the disciples at the first Pentecost and allowed them to do things they originally felt to be impossible, through Christ our Lord!
Amen
+

I am praying for you.

Holding you, dear, in my prayers.
Blessings

Praying very hard for you.

Now is the time to just take a breath and regroup your thoughts. You don’t mention why you are at this crossroad but take a moment to breath. Please remember the adoration of our Lord. He guides alot of people and gives alot of answers when we sit or kneel in adoration.If you have that in your church try it. If nothing else, you will get a moments peace even if you still feel you can’t hear the answer.
Remember how far you have come in your education even if you are not at the finish line. You have accomplished a lot. Keep going!!! you are all most at the finish line.

God be with you

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen

I’m really sorry to hear that. Please if at all possible don’t throw in the towel, you’d have the rest of your life to regret that…it it’s really worth it to you. I’ll certainly be praying for you Love.

Jesus the problem is almost insurmountable. To my mind comes, “nothing is impossible to God”. Even so, that’s hard to take in because we live in a practical world with real consequences. Please help our sister to find a way around it. She’s obviously shocked or she wouldn’t be numb. Please hug her and help her through this, dearest Jesus.

Loving God,

Please help our friend in Christ to know the plan your have for her life. She has worked so hard to get this far in her studies, please help her to find the path forward you have chosen for her. You often grant us the opportunity for suffering and trials in our lives, so we can be refined and formed, and share in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. You also never give us more than we can bear, and you also provide a way out of our situations. Please help our friend in her prayers and reflections, and send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to her as she contemplates the choices that must be made and the actions that must be taken. Please grant her strong faith, courage, endurance, strength, and hope in You, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Oh Holy Spirit, Counselor of counselors, please guide this person by giving him the knowledge, wisdom and fortitude to make good decisions that follow God’s will for him.
If it is right for him to continue with his education, give him the strength and fortitude to carry on. Amen

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

God Bless you all for your prayers, it is a difficult decision, and one that I do not take lightly.

There have been MANY roadblocks in the last 5 years. My first adviser took an administrative job in the university and I had to change advisers, my second adviser suffered a heart attack and took early retirement so I had to change advisers. There was a take over at my place of full time employment, I walked in one morning and was told I did a great job, but the new owners wanted their own person in my job and I was terminated on the spot. I had to take a leave from school and worked 2 part time jobs while looking for full time employment for 2 years. In September 2008, for the second time in 2 years, my mom broke her leg, contracted MRSA at the hospital and now pneumonia, she’s still in the hospital. In October 2008, my husband had emergency coronary bypass surgery with complications that necessitated a second surgery 12 hours after the first. In February my current (3rd) adviser thought I should change the focus of my thesis. Three days ago, I found out that through a miscommunication, the deadline was not December 2009, but August 2009. I have a full time job, and can’t take 2-3 months off to finish. It is to the point where I need to discern if these roadblocks are because I followed my own will and not God’s, or if it is a test of perseverance.

I sincerely appreciate all you dedicated prayer warriors. I’m praying for enlightenment today on Pentecost. God Bless, know that I keep you in my prayers

Loving God,

Please help our friend in Christ to know the plan your have for her life. She has worked so hard to get this far in her studies, please help her to find the path forward you have chosen for her. You often grant us the opportunity for suffering and trials in our lives, so we can be refined and formed, and share in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. You also never give us more than we can bear, and you also provide a way out of our situations. Please help our friend in her prayers and reflections, and send your comforting and consoling Holy Spirit to her as she contemplates the choices that must be made and the actions that must be taken. Please grant her strong faith, courage, endurance, strength, and hope in You, dear Lord.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now,
Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.