Need Prayers for Strength

I have written numerous Threads over the past months due to my failing marriage. I am sorry to say that the Lord, in his Wisdom, has not answered my Prayers. I know that my Marriage is over and am just waiting for my Wife to file the papers. I Pray to the Lord for the strength to survive and conduct myself as a Christian Husband. Even though my Wife has turned her back on me I want to support her as she tries to finish school. I Pray that the Lord will give me enough Peace to go through this loss without falling into a Depression. I Pray that when she is gone I can finish my Life even though I must face the lonliness of losing the only person whom I felt completely comfortable with. I am growing old now and had hoped that I would have a Wife for my remaining years but that is not to be.If anyone feels that they can offer Prayers for me they would be appreciated.All I ask for is the Lord's Mercy because the days seem to grow longer and more painful.

Praying for you.

This is a grief like an emotional amputation and I pray you can survive through it all. If only God could force others' will sometimes, but as a priest once wrote to me, "Free-will is a two-edged sword pointed directly at the heart of God", and no less, you.
You will need daily structures and routines to help you survive.
I ask God to give you friends or family to help provide some relief sometimes, but I'm not unaware of what you will go through.
Please know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. Love, Trishie

Dear friend i am so sorry you are going through this deeply painful emotional time.You are certainly in my prayers.May God bless you and grant you strength and comfort.

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Catholic Prayer For Knowledge and Strength

Give me O Lord, I pray Thee
firm faith, unwavering hope
perfect charity.
Pour into my heart
the Spirit of wisdom and understanding
the Spirit of counsel and spiritual strength
the Spirit of knowledge and true godliness
and the Spirit of Thy holy fear
Light eternal, shine in my heart
Power eternal, deliver me from evil
Wisdom eternal, scatter the darkness of my ignorance
Might eternal, pity me
Grant that I may ever seek Thy face
with all my heart and soul and strength;
and, in thine infinite mercy,
bring me at last to Thy holy presence
where I shall behold Thy glory
and possess Thy promised joys

St. Alcuin of York (735-804)

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Watch over us: let us do good in peace
and do what is right, with the strength you give us.
– Lord, give us your Spirit.

Look kindly on all who have asked for our prayers
and fill them with good things, both in body and in soul.
– Lord, give us your Spirit.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

lost person:

I know it is difficult to belive this now but you WILL make it through this and you will find happiness and fullfillment in your new life. :)

Prayers will be said for you at morning Mass.

I will keep you and your wife in my daily prayers. I am so sorry you are going through this. God`s love is the only perfect love and he loves you very much.

I recommend praying the rosary. I find it very comforting, particularly during ones`s darkest hours. A novena to St. Raphael would be beneficial as well.

Sincerely,

Maria1212

lost person:
Praying very hard for you. There is still much beauty and goodness in the world. Try to stay very close to Christ during this time. He will give you the strength to bear your cross even though it's not the one you would have chosen. I've found that doing good for others helps me feel better as well. I am sorry you are going through this.

God bless you.

O Christ Jesus,
when all is darkness
and we feel our weakness and helplessness,
give us the sense of Your presence,
Your love, and Your strength.
Help us to have perfect trust
in Your protecting love
and strengthening power,
so that nothing may frighten or worry us,
for, living close to You,
we shall see Your hand,
Your purpose, Your will through all things.

By Saint Ignatius of Loyola

A Novena Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
Sacred Heart of Jesus, we know that there is but one thing impossible to You: to be without pity for those who are in suffering or distress. Look down on us, we beg of You and grant us the grace which we humbly and earnestly implore, through the Immaculate Heart of Your most sorrowful Mother to whom You confided us as her children, and whose prayers are all powerful with You. Amen.

Praying for you!!

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

To each of you who replied to my need for Prayers I Thank You. My Prayers for strength are based upon my belief that Marriage is Sacred. I know that my Wife no longer cares about me but I want to do what is God’s will. I know that she needs another year or two to finish School so that she can be self reliant. I feel that God demands that I care for my Wife even though there is nothing in it for me. I need the Prayers for the strength to do this. Believe me this is a heavy Cross to bear. Being ignored, hurtful comments, no affection or Love, and knowing that a day will come when I will be alone. I accept all of these things as God’s Will but it is very very painful. I Pray for the strength not to lash out in pain or do anything that would not meet with God’s approval. I guess if I could ask for anything besides strength it would be some type of inner Peace to accept and bear this Cross.When I use the term Cross I only mean the loss of my Wife’s Love. Helping her is not a burden. My Wife has never accepted or understood that my Wedding Vows mean so much to me or that she is the only True Love I have had in my Life.
Maybe your Prayers will help me accomplish this task and accept the fact that my happiness will have to wait until God calls me. It may seem strange but I do find a sense of Peace in caring for my Wife. maybe a day will come when I can find Peace in knowing I did what I feel would be right in God’s eyes.

Continuing to pray for your situation.

PRAYER FOR RESIGNATION TO GOD'S WILL
Lord, if what I seek be according to Your will, then let it come to pass and let success attend the outcome. But if not, my God, let it not come to pass. Do not leave me to my own devices, for you know how unwise I can be. Keep me safe under your protection Lord my God, and in your own gentle way guide me and rule me as you know best.
Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments we might not despair nor become despondent, but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy itself.

O God, your Son accepted our sufferings to teach us the virtue of patience in human illness. Hear the prayers we offer for our sick brothers and sisters. May all who suffer pain, illness or disease realize that they are chosen to be saints, and know that they are joined to Christ in his suffering for the salvation of the world, who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit, one God, for ever and ever. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.