Need Prayers in Pain

Hi All,

Please say a few prayers as I have hurt my neck in some way and am in constant pain. I had x-rays today, but don't have results yet. I am in a lot of pain, so please say a few prayers for me.

Dearest Heavenly Father,

I humbly come to your throne asking for healing for our dear friend. May the doctors find the cause of lakotak's pain, but Lord we know by the power of the Holy Spirit that the pain can be removed if it be YOUR will. I ask that lakotak be healed. In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Holy Blessed Mother, please pray for our friend's pain to be removed. Please ask your Son, Sweetest Dear Jesus, to heal His child, lakotak Thank you dear Holy Mary. Amen

Hail Mary full of Grace the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed are Thou amongst Women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Thank God you're taking care of yourself.

Lord, please give comfort to all those who are in chronic pain. This we ask through Jesus the High Priest, Amen.

Been there - done that.
There is a new therapy out there called DISC DECOMPRESSION THERAPY. You lay on a table with your neck in a brace below your skull and a machine gently applys and releases pressure over a period of time. After 20 treatments, my neck is 100% no pain. It was explained to me that the pull-realeas-pull-release creates a suction between the disc in the spine that sucks in more spinal fluid, thus pushing the disc’s apart and relieving the pinched nerve that is killing you. I did not have any injury, it just happens over time that some disc’s will collapse on themselves. This is great, you need to find where it is given. For me it was a Chiopractor, but it has become so successful now that more doctors are embracing it, and it is covered by most insurance. Go there - no surgery - get decompression therapy. My X-Ray showed two disc’s as one unit, and it still worked.

I will. Please get well. May the Lord and His Mother bless you with a full recovery.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death

praying...

been there, done that!
prayers! neck pain is… umm. a pain.

now aside from prayers let me share some of what i found for MY neck pain (bear in mind, i am NOT a doctor, and our neck pain may be from different causes)

first of all, if its a pinched nerve or something… physical therapy will do you more good than any other thing. putting “traction” on the neck can allow the pinched nerve to slip free. it will still hurt, but will then be ABLE to repair itself. it cant repair itself if its actively being pinched

if its a slipped disk, or cartilage, you may need more aggressive treatment

meanwhile, ask your doctor about Magnesium supplements, a natural anti inflammatory… and flax seed oil, and other natural oils…

in the very short run, moist heat usually helps… you can make a cheap heating pad by filling a cotton bag (quilting fabric) with rice and hetaing it in the microwave for about 1 min. or you can use a folded up damp hot towel

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Child

Thank you all for your prayers. I just got the bad news. C-spine degeneration, arthritis, nerve impingement. I have an MRI for Saturday. Just keep me in your prayers. I am really over the top on this one, with the loss of Mom on 12/26/08, three months ago found out my sister has lymphoma and now this.

Praying hard.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
Amen.

prayers indeed.
and for the MRI? you may find a knotted Rosary helpful… if you get a knotted cord Rosary without a metal crucifix, but instead a knotted cross (or some plastic crucifixes) you can take it into the MRI. i used to make them for my friend Lynn (may she rest in peace) when she was fighting cancer
www.rosaryarmy.com has the links and how to do its… but you can sometimes find them at Catholic stores

also you can wear most Scapulars in an MRI, it was a comfort to her to have these things with her, so i think it may be of comfort to you also.

be judicious in your discernment about what needs to be done. ask your doctors if physical therapy would be a thing to try first, if you are suggested to have surgery, make sure you understand what they will be doing, and WHY

(my doctor admitted they knew where the problem was, but not exactly what was wrong, and planned on 'finding out what we can do" by opening up my C6… uh… no)

inquire about a TEMS unit. this is literally electric pain relief. no drug, not addictive, just little pads and a battery pack. it is, sadly, not cheap. but insurance almost always covers it!

Praying the doctors find the cause of your pain and are able to treat it …

Hail Mary
Full of grace
the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
pray for us sinners now
Amen.

Dear Lord, please heal lakotak.
And Lord, Please Be with your child during the MRI.
Blessed Mother please watch over lakotak.
Asking for the Power of the Holy Spirit for Lakotak's healing. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.