need prayers please

I need prayers because as of now, I am very confused in my faith journey.

I am growing quite disillusioned with how the OF Mass is being done at my parish. There is rampant liturgical abuse and I feel like all the reverence of the Mass has disappeared. If it weren’t for the Eucharist, I would feel like I would be attending a Protestant church. Note that I have no problem with the OF Mass itself but rather the abuses that are occurring. I am not sure why the priests allow this; perhaps they are ignorant and do not know better? I know I do not go to Mass to be entertained but it feels like a Mass that is trying to entertain the parishioners.

I still believe in everything the Church teaches and believes, but I don’t know if I should confront the priests in a nice way or just move onto another parish. This parish is essentially the one I’ve been going to for most of my life, and the Stations of the Cross/beautiful stained glass windows are rarely seen anymore in a modern-looking church (we even have the ringing bells; I am not sure if all other Catholic parishes still ring the large bells before Mass starts?). I guess I am just extremely frustrated with all the liturgical abuses that are very common throughout the U.S. and I’m not sure if moving to another parish would fix the problem.

Another thing I found out is that my mother believes in the use of artificial contraception. She gives all the standard answers that artificial contraception users give and it’s frustrating because she will not listen to me. She claims to believe everything the Church does but I do not see that to be the case. She will not listen to me and she takes Communion whenever we go.

It’s bad enough I live with a non-practicing sister and an angry atheistic father who REALLY hates God. I was hoping my mother was an orthodox Catholic with regards to the “majors” (abortion,contraception, etc.). I know all of us are sinners and yes, I consider myself a horrible sinner, but even I believe in what the Church teaches.

I am not sure if I have a right to be disappointed, if I’m over-reacting to all of this, or if Satan is trying to influence my thinking.

I just said a prayer for you and your family. God bless you.

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

“I can’t do big things. But I want all I do, even the smallest thing, to be for the greater glory of God.” St Dominic Savio

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

praying. don’t give up on the church because of the actions of others.

i don’t know what abuses you mean exactly but things have been worse in the past and the church has survived, so don’t despair. as for your mom, not sure wha to tell you besides pray for her.

Lord, please endow Tous_Logous with many graces, especially for faith, hope, love, and joy. Send holy and powerful angels to protect this soul in the face of every discouragement. Touch also Tous_Logous’s family with the power of your hand, that their every affliction, especially spiritual, be remedied. Hear the cry of all souls crying out amidst the perversions and dementia in this fallen, darkened pilgrimage. Spare in their lives and all lives a foretaste of heavenly light, that they might all traverse the dim paths of this world unto the heavenly garden of light. Have mercy, Lord. Our Lady, angels, and saints, pray with us. Amen.

Praying that the Lord may guide you and grant you strength for your trials. Also praying for all necessary graces for your family.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

St. Michael the Archangel,*
defend us in battle.*
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.*
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,*
and do thou,*
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,*
by the power of God,*
thrust into hell Satan,*
and all the evil spirits,*
who prowl about the world*
seeking the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Act of Faith

O my God, I firmly believe that you are one God in three Divine Persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; I believe that your Divine Son became man, and died for our sins, and that He will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe these and all the truths the Holy Catholic Church teaches because You have revealed them, who can neither deceive nor be deceived.

Act of Hope

O my God, relying on Your almighty power and infinite mercy and promises, I hope to obtain pardon of my sins, the help of Your grace, and life everlasting, through the merits of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Redeemer.

Act of Love

O my God, I love you above all things, with my whole heart and soul, because you are all-good and worthy of all love. I love my neighbor as myself for the love of you. I forgive all who have injured me, and I ask pardon of all whom I have injured.

Amen.

Praying for you.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit
As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Our Father, Who art in heaven,
Hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Bless Totus

Praying hard for your family. Expecting miracles! Especially for your father.

PUSH
P-pray
U-until
S-something
H-happens!

I have a priest who has said many problematic things at Mass. Every Mass he celebrates, if I’m attending, I ask the Lord to dedicate my sacrifice, united with Christ for this priest. I see so much sadness, anger, and resentment in his body language and actions. It’s so sad.

I understand the frustration. Thank God for the Eucharist. (It’s definitely what keeps me there)

Blessings

Praying for your intentions.

Thanks everyone for your prayers.

I should say keep praying, because I am getting to the point where I am starting to think the Catholic Church is not the true church. Our treatment of the liturgy at my parish is horrifying to me. To think there is not a single Roman Rite parish left in the U.S. that has a reverent OF Mass leads me to the conclusion that indeed the Church has changed for the worse.

Yet I can’t ever see myself attending an Orthodox Church or even a Protestant church because I believe in all the dogmas/doctrines of the Catholic Church.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.