I’ve been having “plumbing problems” since my surgery in Sept. 08. I asked around for a good GI surgeon as the one I have has been very rude to me in the past as well as his old (yes, she’s like 60+) secretary. Mind you, I have been very polite to them and when they were not polite, I figured they were having a bad day so I’d give them another chance. Well, 3 strikes and you are out.
Anyway, I made the decision to see Dr. C. I put the call in and explained that I needed an apt. to see him due to problems and that I wasn’t comfortable with the current surgeon. I get the call back later from the receptionist that he won’t see me and I need to see the other surgeon. I was in tears and very upset. I told her again that I have already seen him after the surgery and I wasn’t comfortable w/his staff or him any more. I asked her to see if I could get a 2nd opinion at least.
Then I cld my primary MD’s office and explained my dilemma while in tears. I asked the girl to ask Dr. M. to call the new surgeon and put in a good word for me as I am having problems.
Please pray that I can get into see him. I was always under the impression that pts. have a right for a 2nd opinion or even switching to a new doctor if they weren’t comfortable with the current one. thank you.