Need some advice

This is going to sound crazy, but I don't want to risk it.

Anyway, when I was driving my girlfriend home from our date tonight, I saw a suspecious (sp.) sight. It was about 10 pm and I was driving past a park. On the side, near the sidewalk/road I saw a man digging. His truck was up on the curb and he was digging something, I couldn't tell what exactly because it was dark. On the way back he was still there but was finishing up. I saw the new dirt- it was in the shape of a grave. Yikes! Now his truck didn't have any park district markings or anything so I think he was 'going rogue'.

Now I'm probably overreacting and making a mountain over a molehill, but should I report this to the police as 'suspecious activites'? Or should I give him the benefit of the doubt?

If you have questions, ask away.

Thanks for the help,
coolduude:cool:

It may be nothing, but unless he was burying his dead pet or has some other explanation, the circumstances are potentially suspicious enough to allow for the possibility of a human burial.
If the latter, then this is a child of God and someone's son or daughter, and the person deserves respect, as does their family. You might contact the police and explain your hesitation and doubt, but leave it to them to explore the situation at your direction to the site.
If there is no human grave, better to make a mistake than leave a family grieving and not knowing what happened to their loved one, in addition to leaving a possible murderer on the loose.
Your possible embarrassment doesn't rate beside this possibility.

God bless you. :).

Report it anonymously.

Definitely report it asap while the details and description of the person, vehicle, and location are clear in your mind. It's very important that the police know about things like that - and the sooner, the better, even if it wasn't anything to worry about. Please!

[quote="Et_Cetera, post:3, topic:201570"]
Report it anonymously.

[/quote]

I agree fully with the above.

I would report it asap and give them all the information you remember. And good for you for wanting to do the right thing! :thumbsup:

Report it. Even if it isn't a body, he may be up to other illegal activity.

Like disposing of hazardous materials. You have to pay to properly dispose of a lot of dangerous things, so often the less-than-honest will "dump" or bury things to avoid paying.

I hope you reported it anonymously because the police will think you did it if there is a body in the grave.
I live in Calif. where a lady saw something suspicious in a mountain area and she reported it.
She was put in jail for weeks because the police wondered how she knew about the dead body.
It was a terrible experience for her because she was trying to be a good samaritan sp.
It took her months to get out of being blamed.

[quote="LaLucia, post:8, topic:201570"]
I hope you reported it anonymously because the police will think you did it if there is a body in the grave.
I live in Calif. where a lady saw something suspicious in a mountain area and she reported it.
She was put in jail for weeks because the police wondered how she knew about the dead body.
It was a terrible experience for her because she was trying to be a good samaritan sp.
It took her months to get out of being blamed.

[/quote]

Excellent advice.

On the silly side, maybe the guy couldn't afford air fare to China.

Definitely report it, even if you do it anonymously.

closed #11

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.