need some clarification please

do these constitute as liturgical abuses?

receiving communion on the hand and standing. no one can seem to agree on this. this is how I was taught but is it actually allowed? and I don’t really get why people think it’s disrespectful, no part of our body is worthy to touch Christ anyways

blessing for noncommunicants. my pastor, who I thik is very faithful to the church, allows this. i 've heard it’s discouraged but is is actually forbidden?

women in the foot washing ceremony. as far as i know, many parishes allow this. apparently, technically, the rubrick’s do not allow this. are the pastors just being disobedient then? i know pope francis does it but just because he does it doen’st necessarily mean the rules have changed. i wish this would be clarified because i think it causes a lot of confusion.

are the pastors that do these things in mortal sin because they disobey the church? and are these actually abuses? thanks

Rome has cited documents that forbid it but is studying the matter. For now don’t fret unless EMHCs are doing it.
[/quote]

Can you provide citations to these documents?

Thanks!

Nothing wrong here.

women in the foot washing ceremony. as far as i know, many parishes allow this. apparently, technically, the rubrick’s do not allow this. are the pastors just being disobedient then? i know pope francis does it but just because he does it doen’st necessarily mean the rules have changed. i wish this would be clarified because i think it causes a lot of confusion.

If it were wrong the Bishops would put an end to it. Since they have allowed it one must presume they have given tacit concent. So, don’t worry about all these little things.

are the pastors that do these things in mortal sin because they disobey the church? and are these actually abuses? thanks

They are not abuses since the Bishops allow them. No they have committed no sin at all.

Linus2nd
[/quote]

While this letter itself does not have the force of law, the documents it cites certainly do.
adoremus.org/0209CDW_Blessing.html

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.