Need some help

hope this is the right place for this:confused:

Okay I have a big Problem My Family believed in Nazi Germany
Since one I my related fought against the usa

and I was raised to believe in what they teach me when I was young an I still go along with it is this wrong will the catholic people ban me

So, uh… you’re a libertarian Nazi? Forgive my curiosity, but just how does that work?

You’ll have to explain your post in more detail. It doesn’t make any sense to me.

Please try again to explain what you are asking.

Yeah I don’t mean any offence, but you need to use punctuation and be more clear.

Punctuation is a good thing.

It is wrong to believe that Jews are less than human, yes. Afterall, Jesus was a Jew.
If you profess to be Christian (Catholic), then your heritage is Jewish, as we follow a Judeo-Christian tradition.

Nazis were seriously messed up and filled with hatred.

Okay if you go by the bible at all you will notice two tribes Judeo
and gentle if you ever read a bible from the 1950 and 1940
the chosen tribe was called Israelite and now I notice they are called jew And I do believe in the bible there’s a part were jesus said you are of your father Satan And if you look at Christians history They did basic the same thing to pangs point blank everybody history is murder and killing My family history did something wrong and I know that So why do you judge I believe that’s one of god’s law ain’t it.I was just asking a question

Sorry…your posts/questions make no sense to me either. Perhaps English is not your first language…but one clear question would be helpful.

Is it wrong to believe what my family believes in Adolf Hitler Teachings. my family is from Germany the came to American in world war 2 and they still go by what he saids and I do not want to break god comment honor they parents . I am in the wrong to be come catholic

Your family came after WW2, and according to your profile you are about 19 years old, so likely your grandparents came from Germany. You grew up in the USA did you not? You are free to believe what you wish but you should be open to other’s beliefs as well. It IS wrong to be racist and to espouse Hitler’s beliefs and I think you know that.

Nobody here is passing any judgement. We don’t even have any full details of what your situation is because your writing is hard to follow and you are not answering anybody’s questions. I am even tempted to question your sincerity in this forum…

I am just saying if you believe and the bible You have to honor you parents right ok my family believes in his ways so there for I must believe or I am breaking a comment form god is the right :mad:

Don’t follow Hitler, follow Christ!

Garren, In a way I understand your question. I too am converting to Catholicism, and my family doesn’t really approve, maybe not to the degree that yours would, but they still are not approving (yet). We are supposed to honor our parents, however, GOD comes first always. Disagreeing is not the same as dishonoring. You would not be wrong for converting if your motivations are sincere, and you are seeking to follow God in his true Church.

Is that what you are asking?

Thank you :thumbsup:

Garren,
Nazi Germany was filled with fascism, hate, concentration camps for everyone who did not agree with the Nazis including Catholics and other Christians, and aggressive warfare. Nazi Germany was a bad idea.
Honoring your parents does NOT mean going along with those ideas. You must stand up and be counted among the righteous sometime, and that will include saying,“I don’t believe that genocide is right.” It may make you less popular with your family, but it is the right thing to do.
The Bible does not teach that it is okay to hate Jews. Jesus was a Jew and a religious one, at that. He knew Jewish law and followed it and taught it. If you follow Nazi beliefs, you would have also killed Jesus, just for being Jewish.
Stand up to your parents for believing the right thing. No devout Catholic can also be a Nazi. Look at what Nazi Germany did to the Polish Catholics. Very sad.
If you are still unsure, see the movies “Schindler’s List” and “Sophie’s Choice”. These movies will open your eyes to the horror that was Nazi Germany.
Peace.

I know where you’re coming from to a degree. I too am German, lived in Germany until I was 7 and took great pride in Hitler and his…charisma.
Jesus said that in following Him daughter will go against mother, son against father…We are to honor our parents, but that doesn’t mean that we follow their every wish and/or belief. My dad left the Church, but I would never leave to honor Dad. Mom and I don’t see eye-to-eye and some Church issues, but I still won’t disobey God in order to obey Mom. Our first priority is God, then those He places over us.
Jesus said “if you love Me, you will obey Me.” and His commandment to us was to love. Jesus rebuked those who refused to belief in Him (and yes, rebuking is, at times, the Christian–loving–thing to do) but he never encouraged us to torturte/kill nonbelievers. I oppose Judaism probably as much as you do, but we have to pray for their conversion and treat them as if they were Jesus, because in the end, that’s the only way they’ll be drawn to Him.
I think I’ve gone a little off here, so my last note is simply to pray for God’s light in this matter: Lord, make my heart one with Yours! This prayer has helped me tremendously. God Bless.

I have to ask this…haven’t political discussions been banned so that Catholic Answers can keep its 501c3 status? I don’t think the Ron Paul banner is allowed at the bottom of the posts.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
Thanks to all that help me

I do not know so if it is someone should tell me lol

and Ron Paul:thumbsup: is asking for the vote not money

No, this is not true. You do not “honor” or “obey” when the parent or ancestor is committing a sin, or asking you to commit a sin. If your parents ask you to steal, for example, you must not do so

Hitler was wrong, and what he stood for has been condemned.

Therefore, if you parents want you to support these immoral ideas, no you cannot “honor” that. Honor does not include going against God’s Law. .

No, that is not true.

From the Catechism of the Catholic Church:

2217 As long as a child lives at home with his parents, the child should obey his parents in all that they ask of him when it is for his good or that of the family. "Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord."22 Children should also obey the reasonable directions of their teachers and all to whom their parents have entrusted them. **But if a child is convinced in conscience that it would be morally wrong to obey a particular order, he must not do so. **

As they grow up, children should continue to respect their parents. They should anticipate their wishes, willingly seek their advice, and accept their just admonitions. Obedience toward parents ceases with the emancipation of the children; not so respect, which is always owed to them. This respect has its roots in the fear of God, one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.