Need some prayers

Hello all,

My God Mother has been battling cancer. She is probably near the end, and is currently in a hospice.

She is out of state, and I'll be going to visit. I am really sad that this will be the last time I'll see her.

I'm a little worried, because I'll be flying with the baby. I haven't been on a plane for about 10 years.

Could I request some prayers for this sad time....and also that my nerves calm for the flight.

Thank you.

Certainly. I'm praying for a safe flight, a calm baby, and a pleasant visit.

Prayers for you and your godmother, that this would be a time filled with God's grace and peace.

[quote="Mary_Gail_36, post:1, topic:205574"]
Hello all,

My God Mother has been battling cancer. She is probably near the end, and is currently in a hospice.

She is out of state, and I'll be going to visit. I am really sad that this will be the last time I'll see her.

I'm a little worried, because I'll be flying with the baby. I haven't been on a plane for about 10 years.

Could I request some prayers for this sad time....and also that my nerves calm for the flight.

Thank you.

[/quote]

Yes, Mary Gail, prayers for your Godmother and you.

Easiest for baby if he/she is actively sucking during take-off and landing.
Usually this will prevent any ear pain.

Mary Gail:

Prayers are being said for you and I'll also remember you tomorrow at Morning Mass. My Godmaother also lives out of state and she just turned 97 and is as cute as a button. A few years ago she also was diagnosed with cancer and had to have chemo treatments (or maybe radiation) but she did pull though. I'll keep your Godmother in my prayers and also a comfy plane ride for you and baby.

If you have a layover---some airports have a priest and they hold Mass. I find this very comforting before I hop on a plane too.

Mary Gail not sure if you’ve left yet or not but I am TERRIFIED of flying, (think full blown panic attack and being asked to move away from the other passengers type terrified), but I do it when i have to. Having a baby actually is a nice distraction from the fear. My only tips would be, request a seat on the wing, or as close to the wing as possible. This way the place feels more stable and you don’t feel turbulence as much, which for me makes me less nervous. Secondly, have a drink:o I know you won’t want to have more than a couple since you have baby with you, but it really does help take the edge off that nervousness.

Prayers for a safe trip and for your God mother’s health.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.