Need some support and prayer!

Hey all,

I could go for some prayers and some support as I just told my family of my decision to pursue priesthood. I feel like my own family doesn’t support this even though my mom and my brother are both catholic. I feel so alone, scared, worried and the list goes on.:frowning:

I just need some moral support and prayers!

Brother, do not be afraid!

God is with you, Christ wants you to be His Priest, we are with you in prayer!I know how you feel but you should trust Him!

In Christo,
frater Attempto

Post Scriptum: Write me PM if you want :slight_smile:

You have your friends on CAF for moral support and prayers.

[quote="MaryT777, post:3, topic:333622"]
You have your friends on CAF for moral support and prayers.

[/quote]

:thumbsup:

We pray for young men with vocations when we pray the Joyful Mysteries, and I will remember you.

It is a wonderful thing that you are doing, a great honor from God for both you and your family. Don't worry about their initial reaction and pray for them. And remember that you are never alone, because Christ is always with you!

I will pray for you. Remember, Jesus warned us of this, that we must put away mother, brother, etc. and that He did not come to bring peace, but a sword. You are called. You have chosen to answer. Keep your eyes on the cross, He will help you.

Father, in the name of your blessed Son, He who took on our iniquities and bought us freedom, I give you my brother who has answered Your call. This young man is now struggling with the world, which is seriously fighting to prevent him from following this call. If it is genuine, and he is sure in his heart, please allow your Spirit to fill his mind with peace, give him the Word he needs to encourage him, and allow your Mother, who was obedient in a moment that must have been terrifying for so young a girl in that culture, to stand between him and the Evil One who would prefer this young man go another route. I thank you, Father, and I have every trust in Your love and mercy and that you will embrace this young man and bring him to the purpose for which You created him.

[quote="Espana156, post:1, topic:333622"]
Hey all,

I could go for some prayers and some support as I just told my family of my decision to pursue priesthood. I feel like my own family doesn't support this even though my mom and my brother are both catholic. I feel so alone, scared, worried and the list goes on.:(

I just need some moral support and prayers!

[/quote]

God Bless you! Follow the path God is guiding you to. Hopefully in time your family will support you :)

Thanks to all! It is definitely going to be one tough road ahead. It's funny how I know the road ahead is going to filled with difficulties and what not yet I chose to take up my cross and follow Him.

Sucks big time that my brother and mother, does not have my back..I know Christ is with me but I have to admit I feel so alonee at this moment of time..

I have your back with daily prayer too. I have just made a really big decision myself and I know how difficult it can be. Nothing like a vocation to the priesthood however - and with opposition. God bless and keep you all the way to ordination. It must be dreadful to desire something so holy and blessed for your life - and to not have family understand. We desperately desperately, need holy priests, saints in Holy Orders - desperately! Trust Jesus confidently - not much old nick would not want to do to keep another potential priest from ordination. But that thing cannot move unless it asks The Lord for permission first.
Have you read the Book of Job? drbo.org/chapter/20001.htm

May The Lord speedily remove your suffering. Our Lady of The Way and of the Streets, and St Joseph, patron of The Church, please powerfully pray before the Throne of Jesus for Espana156 and all his hopes and intentions. Amen.

Catholic Catechism:

311 Angels and men, as intelligent and free creatures, have to journey toward their ultimate destinies by their free choice and preferential love. They can therefore go astray. Indeed, they have sinned. Thus has moral evil, incommensurably more harmful than physical evil, entered the world. God is in no way, directly or indirectly, the cause of moral evil.176 He permits it, however, because he respects the freedom of his creatures and, mysteriously, knows how to derive good from it:

For almighty God. . ., because he is supremely good, would never allow any evil whatsoever to exist in his works if he were not so all-powerful and good as to cause good to emerge from evil itself.177

312 In time we can discover that God in his almighty providence can bring a good from the consequences of an evil, even a moral evil, caused by his creatures: “It was not you”, said Joseph to his brothers, "who sent me here, but God. . . You meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, to bring it about that many people should be kept alive."178 From the greatest moral evil ever committed - the rejection and murder of God’s only Son, caused by the sins of all men - God, by his grace that “abounded all the more”,179 brought the greatest of goods: the glorification of Christ and our redemption. But for all that, evil never becomes a good.
313 "We know that in everything God works for good for those who love him."180 The constant witness of the saints confirms this truth:
St. Catherine of Siena said to “those who are scandalized and rebel against what happens to them”: "Everything comes from love, all is ordained for the salvation of man, God does nothing without this goal in mind."181
St. Thomas More, shortly before his martyrdom, consoled his daughter: "Nothing can come but that that God wills. And I make me very sure that whatsoever that be, seem it never so bad in sight, it shall indeed be the best."

182 Dame Julian of Norwich: "Here I was taught by the grace of God that I should steadfastly keep me in the faith. . . and that at the same time I should take my stand on and earnestly believe in what our Lord shewed in this time - that*** ‘all manner [of] thing shall be well***.’"183

(All formatting in the quotes above from the CCC are mine)

I havent read the book of Job but I am aware of went he went through. Thanks for your prayers!

Going to have dinner soon with my family and it promises to be a very "unique". Siiiiighs, hope everything will turn out fine.

Holy trinity be with me! Mother Mary pray for me! All you angels and saints pray for me!:gopray2:

Amen
Thank you for the reply:) Please keep us informed as we pray with you.

Hey all, here's an update:

And I'm afraid is not good news..whole family has pressured me to pursue further studies. The scenario is I have applied to a university in UK for Counselling, which I want to do (second to priesthood that is), but I am also required to apply for a local university for sociology which I do not want to do at all ( they don't have counselling in my country)

Sooooooo if I dont get a scholarship, I'll be stuck for 3 years doing something I don't want to do. The deadline for the local institute is on Tuesday(Today my time, it's 12.30am) and I don't know when I'll hear from the scholarship.

Heart is fix on the seminary but...siiiighs...Going to talk to my Bishop tomorrow and see what can be done..My God, My God, why have you abadoned me?

I have been following your posts- turn to the Blessed Mother she will help you.Have you heard of Our Lady undoer of knots? Pope Francis has a devotion to Her under this title.Along with that I will pass on advice from my grandmother who was from Espana "Be patient and have faith and God will help; you."

God hasn't abandoned you, dear. As you said before, you knew the road ahead would be full of difficulties. Embrace them as best you can. You can always find support here. I haven't told my parents about my vocation of becoming a Religious Sister, and I've had this feeling for many months, and I don't think they will be very pleased with this calling I have. So don't worry too much about them right now. Focus on what you think is right. As my Priest told me: "Because you're going to convert, you'll be 18 by the time the time comes for you to check into what is called a Religious Order, and they will have a Vocations Sister/director to help you tell your parents. Right now, you could worry and say, 'Oh, how hard it will be,' but by the time you're ready to tell them, you'll know so many people and the [nuns] will help you. So, by the time that happens, you'll have support." In other words, you will have support, in time, by people who will help you, and will give you the guidance you need. Eventually, your mother and brother will come around. I'm sure it is a fairly big surprise to them.

If you would like to talk, feel free to PM me, or email me. I would be more than happy to listen to what you have to say, and I will do my best to help you in any way I can.

Much Love,
TheQuietSinger

I often pray for those discerning a vocation, especially those discerning a vocation to priesthood. I'll try to remember your username at least so I can mention you in my prayers for a few days.

God bless you and I will remember you in my prayers.

Just to update you all, future will be sorted out in the next 2 weeks or so, please do keep me in your prayers. Only with divine assistance will I end up in the seminary, if not i have to wait 3 years at least, which I have accepted in a way after talking to my Bishop.

Thanks to all who have prayed for me, may the Good Lord shower you with blessings in return! :)

:gopray:

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus.
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For Thine is the Kingdom
and the Power
and the Glory for ever and ever.
Amen.

Ave Maria, gratia plena,
Dominus tecum,
benedicta tu in mulieribus,
et benedictus fructus ventris tui Iesus.
Sancta Maria mater Dei,
ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostrae.
Amen

Praying daily, Espana, that The Lord’s Will be done in you today and always…

Our Father, Who art in Heaven
Hallowed be Your Name
May Your Kingdom come
And Your Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven

Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive others who trespass against us
And lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil

Amen

I know it is very difficult to have family opposition. Try to move as gently as you can through your days with calmness, quietly, trusting only in The Lord in Heaven - trust Him implicitly - and it is probably your trust that that evil thing will try to shake and bend, weaken…let The Lord’s Will be done in you whatever His Grace decides which will be an indication of God’s Will for you at this point be His Grace’s decision well done or not so well done…it will be obedience to His Grace for the rest of your life that will be asked of you at ordination and ideally all baptised Catholics are obedient to His Grace - but he isn’t infallible…and showers too of The Lord’s Grace for you also … thank you for your prayer of “showers of Grace” for us…:)…

I am hoping and praying your news in 2 weeks will be really great news for you…

Your post: if not i have to wait 3 years at least, which I have accepted in a way after talking to my Bishop.

To my mind, a beautiful statement of humble obedience!:thumbsup:

Trust

Tigger/Barb:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.