Need somewhere to live

Two years ago a disabled friend and I started a small Christian shop and she asked me to live with her permanently because she had recently lost her husband. Last year she pulled out of the shop, which is not doing well at all, and now she has told me that she has decided that she wants to live on her own. Everything I had went into supporting the shop and I now have no money, no income and it looks like I am heading towards bankruptcy as well as homelessness Please pray that the Lord leads me as I struggle to live only for Him.

That’s awful. I’m praying for you, but I wish there were more I could do…

If anyone else here is more knowledgeable than I on what someone in Fiona’s position should do, please speak up. Any ideas?

Memorare

REMEMBER, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence, I fly to thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother; to thee do I come; before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

I’d look into finding a homeless shelter that would spend time helping you find a job and help you get back on your feet. I know there aren’t many out there, and room might be limited. Also, find the credit counseling bit in your area. They may even help you get that gift shop a new lease on life. Which reminds me of the small business agency. They can loan money and look to see if the shop is viable. You are not alone in this.
:gopray2::highprayer:

Hope you don’t mind that I’m going to list a few community resources. If you can use any of these, great. If not, someone else on the forum may need one.

portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/topics/housing_choice_voucher_program_section_8

acf.hhs.gov/programs/ofa/programs/tanf

There’s also St. Vincent de Paul that help the poor. Check with you local Catholic Church.

Food banks:

feedingamerica.org/foodbank-results.aspx

Catholic Social Services.

Goodwill Easter Seals in my area used to do assessments and referrals to community resources. They have an office in some of them, in addition to their store. One can check by calling, or online, about that.

Now, some places look for volunteers, and some give room and board and a small stipend.

catholicvolunteernetwork.org/

Insofar as work, can you work with a temp agency? I used to work with Manpower and another one.

Insofar as bankruptcy is concerned, did you talk to a finance person about that, yet?

Let me also say a prayer for you. Hail Mary, Full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blest is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. :angel1:

Oops, thought you were in the US! Just noticed you’re in England! Ah!

Well, I’ll leave those resources, not delete them, so someone else in the US can use them.

Doesn’t England have housing resources and other resources like the US?

Can you do a Google to see?

If i was you id check and see if you are entitled to any welfare benefits and any assistance with housing, rent etc…if you are entitled then dont be afraid to take it…it will get you back on your feet and stop you being homeless…look into that first thing on monday…

Your friend doesnt sound like much of a friend to do this to you and to leave you in this situation

How is this possible!? Speak to your friend again, ask her to stay at least till you can find a job and somewhere to live… I hope she understands. Do as the others told you and keep praying. Don’t worry, everything will be back to normal. Have confidence in God and Mary! :slight_smile:

Hail Mary…
O thou our advocate, Blessed Virgin Mary, turn on us those pitying eyes of thine. Amen

Praying for you …

Remembering you in my daily prayers, Fiona. God bless :console:

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

I will pray for you of course. I hope you can avoid bankruptcy, but I do know the economy has been so bad that many businesses have just not been able to make it. Please don’t get discouraged if this happens. It will be tough to restart, but it is possible.

I don’t know where you live, but as you have lived with someone with a disability you might consider looking for work as a “direct care giver” or “life skills trainer” for the disabled. The pay is no great for entry levels but many places have what they call “sleep over positions” as a possible job option. They also have group homes, apartment programs and so on. It is kind of like being a “mom” all day.

The work can be demanding, but they usually train people and there is always an opening in a place like this. It could be something you do until you can get other work?
Also, have you thought of working from home and continuing your store idea from your own home or apartment? This is something I am working on for me and my sister, who is totally disabled now. Just a way to bring in a little more cash.

I will be praying daily for you Fiona and I will fast and petition on your behalf when I pray my daily rosary.

Our father who art in heaven hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this bread our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil.
Amen!

My Jesus, let your will be done. I beg you to please help Fiona Margaret find a home to live in, as well as income, comfort and healing

Our Father who art in heaven
Hallowed be your name
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
On earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses
As we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation
But deliver us from evil
Amen

Eternal God in whom mercy is endless and treasury of compassion inexhaustible
Look kindly upon us and increase your mercy in us
So that in difficult moments we may not despair nor become despondent
But with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy in itself.

Blessed Virgin, St. Rita, St Margaret of Cortona, St. Therese of Liseux please intercede!!!

:gopray2::gopray2::gopray2:

Praying hard for you.

Praying…

Praying for you. Maybe you could be a live-in nanny? Are you not legally entitled to half of the proceeds from the sale of the shoo?]

Something will turn up. Trust in the Lord.

Our Father …

Hail Mary …

Glory Be…

Dear Friend I am so very sorry to read this. I send you warmest love along with prayers.On a practical level I hope you are able to contact the local authority for housing advice and I pray they can and will help you.It does sound like your friend has been going through the grieving process but her current actions are hurtful to you.I am so sorry. I pray your friend will soften her heart and not leave you homeless. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
God bless

Dear Lord please help our dear friend Fiona Margaret.Please guide her friend to have a change of heart and compassion for Fiona and not leave her homeless. Please guide Fiona to know what to do that she may know the way out of this situation.Lord I ask you to bless Fiona Margaret and her friend who is going through the bereavement of her husband.Please help this friend to understand that her actions will cause great distress to Fiona and we pray she will at least let Fiona stay there until she can get a job and another home sorted out.Lord please place Your healing hand upon this situation and bring peace for Fiona Margaret. Thankyou Lord for hearing our prayers Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

I’m so sorry Fiona. :frowning: I will pray for you.

:gopray:

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory Be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning is now ever shall be world without end
Amen.

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thy intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto thee, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee do I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in thy mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.