Need the Jesus Box TODAY

I have written on this twice and spoken to my AA sponsor about it once. It is a petty disturbance in the grand scheme of things but I am going to vent anyway.

My father’s (small) estate is finally being distributed today and tomorrow. I am very grateful for what I am receiving and am even more grateful that the last four years of Dad’s life were spent with the two of us in harmony. We had a good relationship at last, due in no small measure to what I have been taught as a sober member of AA and as an obedient daughter of the Holy Mother Church.

My father’s oldest child, my half-sister, is receiving 1/3 of the estate. When we (my brother and I) called her three years ago to tell her Dad had died (I was the one who found his body) her response was, “Really? I thought he had all ready died.”.

The past three years have been dealing with her little fits and temper tantrums. You would think this was a HUGE estate…it isn’t; I will be able to pay all but about 20k of my mortgage and that’s it. It will be gone…and I am very grateful for that, believe ME!!!

Because she has been so darn snippy about the entire affair, I have no reason to want her to be a big part of my life. I forgive her -on the surface, I guess - but deep down inside I would love to find the line in the Catechism or the Big Book of AA that gives me permission to pop her one right in the nose.

How’s THAT for Catholic Charity:tsktsk: .

So, I have gone on my knees to the Lord with this and I know I will heal … the hurt and the jealousy I feel (as much as I hate to admit it, that is what it is) over her suddenly reappearing in our lives ‘just in time’ to grab her share of a small estate will pass. Thank GOD for the Sacrament of Confession…and for a God that allows me to come to Him with the good and the bad…

And thank you for letting me share…

LoL

I’m sorry, but that’s funny.

When people get on my nerves or make me want to bonk em I make myself pray for them. The more intense my feelings, the more intense my prayer has to be. If its because of something they are doing wrong then I pray that they may change their wrongful ways. I know I’m a sinner too, and I have to look at my sins before I look at anyone else’s, but praying for them really helps me too. I ask for God to help both of us.

Would it maybe fall under Charity if I were to pop her one for you?

[quote=kage_ar]Would it maybe fall under Charity if I were to pop her one for you?
[/quote]

:rotfl:

Thank you, I feel better…and thank you both for understanding that I am trying, in my own feeble way, to use humor so that even someone as self-centered as I can stay aware that there are far greater problems in this world than this one.

The poor lady is a great testament to ‘nature over nuture’ - she is a great deal like her father, though she was not raised with us and their contact was limited. I really do not want her in my life today, but am willing (oh, please, God, no) to be a part of her’s if that’s God’s Will.

Or at least that’s how I feel when I am on the right track…other times I want to change my name, move to a different town or at the very least answer the phone in a fake accent and say, “Sorry, Mrs. Klinger is not here…no, I cannot take a message.”.

[quote=LSK]I
but deep down inside I would love to find the line in the Catechism or the Big Book of AA that gives me permission to pop her one right in the nose.

How’s THAT for Catholic Charity:tsktsk: .

[/quote]

How FUNNY! Sometimes when I feel this way I think…hey, Jesus got angry sometimes…Didn’t he? But of course, He didn’t pop any one in the nose…
Just pray and realize…you are completely human. We’ve all felt this way about someone in our family at one time or the other. And those who act on the feelings, get charged with assault. :rolleyes:

[quote=LSK]Or at least that’s how I feel when I am on the right track…other times I want to change my name, move to a different town or at the very least answer the phone in a fake accent and say, “Sorry, Mrs. Klinger is not here…no, I cannot take a message.”.
[/quote]

You’ve done the most important part; you’ve made the decision of your will to forgive her. Real forgiveness, like real faith, is a decision, not a feeling. I had to forgive a great hurt once and after I decided to do it and told God (and the devil) that I had forgiven that person, it took a long time for the feelings to come around. Also, it is very possible that God doesn’t want her in your life. We have to forgive those who hurt us, but we don’t have to always be their friend.

Leslie:

Maybe she won’t be a part of your life again, or perhaps she’ll call from her death bed for family members to be by her side. And maybe God will heal her broken heart and bring you two closer together. Who knows? Miracles can happen in families that have been damaged by the sins of their father. Thank you for beginning the process of forgiveness.

[quote=LSK]:rotfl: Or at least that’s how I feel when I am on the right track…other times I want to change my name, move to a different town or at the very least answer the phone in a fake accent and say, “Sorry, Mrs. Klinger is not here…no, I cannot take a message.”.
[/quote]

When my brother calls I usually pass him on to my husband who has a lot of patience with people. Failing that I wait until he takes a breathe and start telling him about what I and my kids have been doing. He quickly finds a reason to say goodbye :rotfl:

All families seem to have someone who is a royal pain. I reckon it’s God’s way of giving us the means for sanctification when we don’t live in a place where we are persecuted for our Faith. :love:

Sweetie, put her name in the Jesus Box and DUCT TAPE IT!!!

I wish there was a dispensation for popping her one, but there is not. Once hte whole thing is settled, you don’t have to do anything else but pray for her.

[quote=kage_ar]Would it maybe fall under Charity if I were to pop her one for you?
[/quote]

Can I give you the name of someone to "pop"for me too?? I work with someone who gets under my skin like “bamboo shoots under your fingernails”. I pray for her all the time but I would still like to pop her one.
~ Kathy ~

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.