Need to find faith/trust in God

CAF Friends:

Please pray I can find faith and the ability to trust God and His will. Things aren’t going well in my life. My mother just died Friday and as of Wednesday, my husband learned he will be out of a job soon.

The situation with my mother is a blessing in some ways. She was suffering; I’m glad she no longer has to endure the pain. At the same time, I am very conflicted with her dying. She had become so nasty, so difficult in the latter years of her life. She did and said many hurtful things. I regret and feel guilty knowing that I probably won’t miss her very much.

My mother gave me my Catholic faith. Sometimes, though, I’m not sure I believe it so much as I follow it out of fear. I’m an adult and am responsible for what I believe. I do recognize that. The problem is, I was raised with God as some cosmic bully out to crush anyone who didn’t follow Church teaching to the letter. Intellectually, this is ridiculous. I know that. In my heart, though, I’m still so afraid.

Anyway, please pray I can grow to have better, more positive feelings about my Mom now that she’s gone. Please also pray I can find a way to believe in God and His will as my husband prepares his job search.

Thank you and God Bless.

*Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name, thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us form the fires of hell, lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of your mercy. Amen. *

Lord Jesus, we come before you with praise and adoration. We thank you for Irish Girl and offer her up to you. Please be with her in her struggles, use this suffering to draw her closer to you.

When people are sick and hurting they say and do things that was not their normal personality. It will be hard, but try to forgive her actions and remember a time when things where better. Forgiving her will help you heal. That does not mean we have to forget, but forgiving is what Jesus would do.

Your mother has given you a great faith. Now it is time for you to make it your own faith. I suggest you frequent the sacraments and spend some time in Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament. No better place to let our Lord talk to you then in front of Jesus exposed in the montrance in Adoration. If you are not sure what that is, please talk to your priest.

I will continue to pray for you.

“Earth hath no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal.”
~~ Saint Thomas More

“Be not afraid to tell Jesus that you love Him; even though it be without feeling, this is the way to oblige Him to help you, and carry you like a little child too feeble to walk.”
~~ St. Therese of Lisieux

Praying for you …

:blessyou:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession was left unaided. Inspired by this confidence, we fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, our Mother. To you do we come, before you we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word incarnate, despise not our petitions but, in your mercy, hear and answer us. Amen.

Dear Lord,

I am praying for the strength of faith and fortitude for Irish Girl. Please heal the pain and conflict in her heart and to take your holy hand in guidance. I also pray for the soul of her mother. I pray for the strength of forgiveness for her mother and to heal from the loss of her.

In the Lords name I pray.

Eternal rest grant unto Irishgirl’s mother, O Lord. And let perpetual light shine upon her.
May she rest in peace.
Amen.

Praying for you and your family …

For your mother:

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.

For the OP:

“Let nothing trouble you,
let nothing frighten you.
All things are passing;
God never changes.
Patience obtains all things.
He who possesses God lacks nothing.
God alone suffices.”

-St. Teresa of Avila

Dear Irish Girl,

I know what you have been through. I am currently trying to care for my parents and they have become so contrary and hurtful. They don’t seem to care what they do or say. They want everything their way and they don’t care how it hurts everyone around them. Even though I am neglecting my own family and home they still demand more unnecessarily. I feel guilty about what I am about to say but sometimes I just don’t care anymore. I will continue to help them because I love them but they make things so difficult for me and it is hurtful.

You will be ok. Everything is going to normalize. It takes time. Give yourself permission to have these feelings. God is watching over you and will send His angels in whatever form to help you. When you are ready, pray. Ask God to give you faith and trust. I have been struggling with the same faith issues myself. Sometimes God just seems like a faraway concept. But at those times, look back on the mercies that you know had to come from God. Private miracles and messages that were intimate and real to you. I Know you have had them. Everyone does. Because God is real, very real. He loves you and he cares for you. I pray that comfort and peace comes to you soon. In the meantime, I recommend the writings of St. Francis De Sales. Practical spirituality for regular people like us. I promise it will make you feel better. Hugs to you.

Peace,
Theresa

Praying for you to heal. May you trust in the Lord’s goodness and providence and persevere in faith. Praying that you will be abandoned to the Lord’s merciful love full of confidence in his merciful love. Amen.

So sorry to hear about your mom and your husband’s job.

May the Good Lord console you and bring peace to you and your family.
I will be keeping you and your family in my prayers.

God Bless You.:signofcross:

You’re in my prayers. I just want to say that it’s natural to feel iffy about God’s plan =) …Many long-time Catholics get frustrated with what they feel God is leading them to. Nobody ever said your relationship was going to be perfect. But that’s why it’s a relationship; you stay, you work with him. Ask him all the questions you want; tell him how you feel. Leave all your insecurities/doubts at his feet with a blessed “Amen.” And then sleep peacefully =)

Ask him for the grace, in the meantime, too. It’s a wonderful thing to experience. Even for the ability to trust and believe in him. Ask for EVERYTHING you want. Just do it.

You won’t be disappointed. Promise;) <3

Praying hard for your intention.

Praying for you and your family at this time and for the repose of the soul of your mother.

I know you are in a difficult situation and it is so hard to remain faithful. I too am having trouble trusting that God has a plan that is perfect even though I do not yet understand. I pray that your experience may help you draw closer to God and that He will give you the strength and patience to trust in Him.

I will remember you and your family in my prayers today. I will specifically pray to the Lord for the repose of your mother’s soul, that your husband may find a good and stable job, and that you may come to have a better relationship with God.

May I suggest that you try reading the diary of Saint Faustina (Divine Mercy in my Soul). amazon.com/Diary-Divine-Mercy-My-Soul/dp/1596141107/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1303783228&sr=1-1 I think that if you read this diary of this saint, or one of the good books about the Divine Mercy, that you will come to see and to know in your heart just how much God loves you and is anything but a “cosmic bully”. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.