need to find Pope's recent talk

A local paper had a brief editorial bashing the Pope over his comments on homosexual marriage & abortion, where the Pope said they were against peace. I have not been able to find a transcript of this talk. I tried the Vatican site, but I find it difficult to navigate, especially since I don’t know the title of the talk or the date.

We want to write a rebuttal, but want to know exactly what the Pope did say before we do so. I’m guessing that the editor read only sound bites - that’s his custom. He is very anti-Christian with a particular animus against the Catholic Church.

Can anyone help? And it has to be a transcript - we can’t download video.

Thanks in advance!

I think you are referring to the pope’s Christmas address to the Roman Curia.

Here is a link to the full text of the speech
news.va/en/news/pope-address-to-the-roman-curia

(the speech begins about 1/3 down the page)

Wow! That was fast! :thumbsup:

While that was worth reading it wasn’t the one I was looking for. Our local rag’s editor said that “…Pope Benedict XVI called gay marriage and abortion threats to peace.” From my searches on that it was apparently a “peace” message, but I can’t seem to find it. It may have been from a week ago. Our local Catholic paper has nothing about it, so maybe it was a very short speech?

It is the correct address, the local paper may be spinning it.

There is a thread in World News discussing the address.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.