Need to go get out of this house

As I mentioned last August, I'm living in a house with a man with, quite frankly, a downright immoral lifestyle. He's stolen my computer at least TWICE when I was at work and used it to look at gay p0rn. He's brought shabby women to the house other times I was gone and done you can probably guess what with them. He has admitted to advertising himself on the Men seeking Men craigslist pages, so I really don't know who else might have been in this house. Anyway, the man's behavior is not the biggest problem. Its his contempt for my church and the teachings of my church. he has spread terrible rumors about my priest, congregation and the local catholic organization in general. He promotes his own distorted and sick moral beliefs whenever he can and spits on the faith when he can do that too. This man is morally blind. He has no conception whatsoever of morals. His ego is enormous. He has no respect whatsoever for women.
Anyway, the point is that I cannot keep living with this man. He's got no respect for my faith, and is probably putting my own faith in danger with all of his anti-Church speeches.
What would you do? In all fairness, he can at some times be a genuinely good person and the overwhelming majority of our time together is positive. But I really feel like I have to get out of this house.

[quote="reed987, post:1, topic:184075"]
A
Anyway, the point is that I cannot keep living with this man. He's got no respect for my faith, and is probably putting my own faith in danger with all of his anti-Church speeches.
What would you do? In all fairness, he can at some times be a genuinely good person and the overwhelming majority of our time together is positive. But I really feel like I have to get out of this house.

[/quote]

I'd get out fast.

Of course, you've not said whose name is on the lease.

Are you living in his residence, he in yours, or are you joint lessees/tenants?

If it's yours and yours alone, you can throw him out. Just be prepared to pay twice as much rent/mortgage.

You need to move, and the sooner the better ... why would you even further subject yourself to his immorality and lifestyle?

Of course, you can pray for his conversion and salvation, but still, MOVE!

we are joint tenants. The lease will expire in a few months.
In the meantime, what should I do?
Frankly, I don't really want anything to do with the man. But what I do when I'm home? Ignore him completely (that would be rude and may make him angry)? Say hi and bye and keep to myself the rest of the time? Tell him straightforward I don't like him and not to bother me (that would be mean)? Or stay friendly with him but plot the whole time to leave him behind in three months (that would be deceitful)?
That's the real issue. I'm 100% sure now that I'm moving out when the lease ends. What I don't know is how to get through the next three months.

Say hi and bye and keep to yourself. It would be silly to be confrontational with someone you have to share a living space with, since they can make life bad for you simply by being noisy or dirty. Just tell him you’ll be moving out when the lease ends so he can start looking for a replacement, and otherwise move on. Maybe put a lock on your room so that he can’t get in there when you’re gone.

PRAY!

I'm sure all of us here will pray for you, and him, too!

Stay calm, look for the a good housing situation, then move.

My prayers for your move and for his conversion.

closed #9

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.