Need wisdom

[quote="ChiRho, post:10, topic:233458"]
I've read the OP several times and still can't figure out what the fuss is about. Much less why there was a 10 minute argument about what to name a file.

Unfortunately, I just think you need to get over it and move on - it's really not worth being mad at someone for not responding in a nice, gentle manner after you had inconvenienced them and argued for 10 mins about a very unimportant detail -- which you happened to be wrong on! A bit of humility goes a long way, especially in this case.

[/quote]

The fuss is about I had a long day and wanted to unload. I though this forum was an OK place to do that.

I don't have a problem admitting I am wrong but only after someone has proved it. But for to just say things like 'Why' is not a good business reason to me. Had she told me it would not work for the reasons I discovered afterwards, I would have taken her seriously at first. But I have to be professional too and when a manager asks me to stand behind my work, I need a good reason. I seriously doubt a manager would be pleased that I left a bad file name in because someone kept saying 'WHY'

And it is not very charitable to say 'get over it'. I am a human being and I think it is normal to take offense when someone talks to me like I am dirt

CM

0 Likes

[quote="cmscms, post:21, topic:233458"]

And it is not very charitable to say 'get over it'. I am a human being and I think it is normal to take offense when someone talks to me like I am dirt

CM

[/quote]

I did not say "get over it", I said "Unfortunately, I just think you need to get over it ". Now, there is actually a difference between the two. One is an order, the other is a recommendation for what should happen. But let's not get lost in a semantics debate because that's the least important thing.

And I'm not sure what you understand charity to be. I stand by my comments. They weren't mean-spirited at all, and some of the greatest advice I've ever gotten was unvarnished and hard to swallow. Here's the thing: I think it is completely unjustified to have a 10 minute argument about something as meaningless and small as a file name. I also think that its unnecessary to need to "vent" about this - I just think there are bigger fish to fry. Lastly, it is normal to take offense when someone talks to you like you are dirt. But do you truly think someone saying "I know" in a less than friendly manner is akin to talking to you like you are dirt?? Let's be realistic. The point is if we took offense at every little remark, look or action someone did, we'd never get through life alive! This is why my advice is unsugar-coated because I don't think sugar coating things usually hopes, and this is why my advice continues to be what it was in the first place.

Let it fall to the wayside and things will be better off

0 Likes

[quote="cmscms, post:18, topic:233458"]
There is nothing wrong with speaking the truth in love.

[/quote]

I am glad that you could see that I meant it in the nicest way possible. I was afraid you might take offense to it. I hope that things become a bit easier going for you. May God bless and guide you. :)

0 Likes

closed #24
0 Likes

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.