Need your help!

Can anyone please tell me what was the scroll in Jesus’s left hand?

Huh?

What are you talking about? Are you referring to a painting? Something in the Bible? What?

there was a scroll in the left hand of Jesus written in old hebrew, what was it???
I ve been trying to find out.

1. Who says there was a scroll in Jesus’ hand?

2. When was it in his hand – When he was born? When he died? At the Sermon on the Mount? At the Last Supper? At what point in time?

If you dont know just say so. :eek:

I am trying to get more info from you. You won’t find an answer if people don’t know what you are talking about.

Revelation 5 - The Lion, the Lamb, and the Scroll

Thank you! I will do some research and see if I can find out anything. Meanwhile hopefully someone here will know off the top of their head.

Okay, Im sorry about that.

they speak of a scroll being in the Left hand of Jesus. I think I just saw one on a Catholic webpage that shows a pic with it in his left hand. Is this the book of life? The book of the old testament?

I do appreciate your help,thanks! and I apologize again.

Oh, you mean *that *scroll :slight_smile:

Since the breaking of the seven seals introduces judgements upon sin, they would seem to be the answer to your question :slight_smile:

I went to an on-line NAB bible usccb.org/nab/bible/revelation/revelation5.htm
and looked up Revelations chapter 5. Here is the footnote about the scroll mentioned in verse 1.

“A scroll: a papyrus roll possibly containing a list of afflictions for sinners (cf Ezekiel 2:9-10) or God’s plan for the world. Sealed with seven seals: it is totally hidden from all but God. Only the Lamb (Rev 5:7-9) has the right to carry out the divine plan.”

LOL!!!:whacky: Yes that one!!
Thanks for the info!

I saw the scroll, it was written in old hebrew,Jesus said it was the old word. He let me look at it but told me that I was not allowed to touch it.
No, Im not crazy! LOL! it came to me in a dream, Jesus asked me to come sit down next to him and he showed me the scroll, it was in his left hand and it unrolled it down to his palm. It was old. when I had told him that I did not understand it because it was written in old hebrew, he told me that I will.

Thanks for your help!

Charlie

Are you Catholic yet?

Read the bold part, Storm. It might give you hint. :wink:

I see what you are getting at and I kind of had the same feeling.

Storm, I am not going to question that you have these dreams, I’ve had many dreams, some of them I feel are from God. Many others are not, they are just dreams. Be careful with discernment.

By the way, I didn’t see a verse in Rev 5 that says the scroll is in Jesus left hand. Perhaps you got this from the pic you saw? It might have been the Icon called Mary, Queen of the Apostles. In that icon, Jesus is holding a scroll in His left hand. It is supposed to be the scroll of the Gospel.

The scroll is mentioned in Rev 5:1 –

“I saw a scroll in the right hand of the one who sat on the throne. It had writing on both sides and was sealed with seven seals.”

But the verse says the right hand, not the left.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.