Needing some help

Hi all!

My name is Aaron.  I was baptized into the Catholic Church when I was about 5 or 6 years old, after my divorced mother married a catholic man (my stepdad).  From then I went to catholic school all the way up until high school, when my family moved out of the area and I was enrolled in public high school.  I have been baptized and confirmed in the catholic faith.  While in public high school, my family sort of dwindled away from the Catholic Church and we became regulars at a "non-denominational Christian" church.  We got pretty into it for a while, doing mission trips and I got heavily involved in the youth group.  I was "re-baptized" by them.  After a few years of the non-denominational experience, I went to college, moved out of my parents household and pretty much quit going to church all together.  Now here I am, 26 years old, married and have one 5 week old child with my wife (who is not catholic). We were not married in the Catholic Church.  After much discussion, we decided that it is in our best interest to get back into church.  She is somewhat intersted in becoming catholic and is very supportive of it.  My son will be baptized catholic in March.  We have found a local parish we love and have been regularly attending for the past month. My question is this, what do I need to do to "officially" be back in Catholic Church.... Is it a problem that I was "re-baptized" in a pool at a non denominational Christian church?  Or do I just need a good confession (it's been about 10 years since my last).  I'm just trying to get some input on how to be "back in".  The catholic faith made a huge positive difference on my upbringing and in my life, and I want that again.  And for my son. Thank you all

If you are baptized and confirmed in the Catholic Church, you just need to go to confession and let the priest know about your journey. I would also meet with the pastor (if not the same as the confessor). If your wife shows a desire to become Catholic, he can also explain about the R.C.I.A. program (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) at your parish.

Welcome back and welcome to CAF!

Thanks so much!

Make an appointment right away with a priest to discuss your marriage situation and return to the Church; he will be in the best position to advise you Welcome Home! We missed you. :grouphug:

Yes, you also need to get your marriage situation worked out. Also, you will have raise your children in the Catholic faith.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.