Neighbours From Hell

All was peaceful,until two 'recovering' Heroin-addicts;moved in next-door.They're always pestering for food.They'll knock until you answer.Are they ever 'recovered'? Anyone got a similar problem?

Get a large dog.

[quote="atg2, post:1, topic:205225"]
All was peaceful,until two 'recovering' Heroin-addicts;moved in next-door.They're always pestering for food.They'll knock until you answer.Are they ever 'recovered'? Anyone got a similar problem?

[/quote]

Yes, I had a similar problem. Say No.

Answer the door naked, cleaning a shotgun.

Invite them in and tell them all about Jesus.

make sure your house is blessed both on the inside and out. I have a friend who has suffered from demonic obsession (well, her whole house on the inside, things flying, etc.). She had her house blessed but it didn’t stop. Then she had her house blessed with the Latin version of exorcism and everything stopped. She later found out about the drug dealing going on a few houses away which, I would think, may have involved Satanic rituals (Fr. Corapi has stated numerous times how curses and Satanic sayings are said over drugs before they are sent for distribution making them even more dangerous than they already are). That would be where I’d start. Then be cordial and eventually talk to them about life, including faith, if the relationship leads to that. Recovery is always possible, but it is a tough road that has many backsteps (9 recovering drug addicts and alcohol addicts in my family, some from heroine and it wasn’t a pretty road).

Yo - dude - mannn -

I'm not a food bank dude.....

I don't have any food for my family & now you come knocking for me to feed you mannnn...

Not cool mannn.......

Here is a listing of free food banks in town mannnnn..... help yourself......

Don't come knocking here again mannnnnn.... not cool.... can't take it.... I'm starving too.!

Be cool & not a fool mannnnnnn

I wish you welllllll dude... you & your family.... now... go & seek those food banks I gave you....

And also dude.... there is a chapel down the street that have a soup kitcken... It's free mannnn....!!!!

Check it out mannnnnnn - they'll feed you....!!!

Alright dude... be welll.... AND NOW close the door...!!! ;)

Interesting posts about Demons & Food-Banks;well,they've been using the same soup-run from the church,as was when they were homeless & living in a tent.It's two men;one of whom lived in a tent in a brushy area for five years;he now has the tenancy next-door.The other man is his homeless pal;whom he sends out to do the scavenging.It's been going on for over a year now;they agreed to stop & there was a lull but we're back to square one.I feel i need to move somewhere-else.I don't mind the food i give them;it's the relentless demand if you decline;as if you have no democratic rights.Your home should be your sanctuary,but i feel i'm being bullied.

Maybe you could give them some food that would cause a bad case of diarrhea... :confused:

Can’t they get food stamps? After all, what are we paying taxes for?

we have a similar situation...although not heroin, our neighbors regularly indulge in pot. they have three boys around DD age that cuss, belch, fart, pick noses, etc. lovely. i barely let DD outside to play and they are running over. In all seriousness, you HAVE to tell them to let you be, and stand firm. Get some numbers for food banks, rescue missions, and church kitchens, write them down, and make many copies. every time they knock give them a copy. they'll get the hint. and worse case scenerio, if they keep harrassing you, call the police and file a complaint. i'll pray for us both!!!!! good luck-twk

I am so glad that we live on the AFB and things are a little more regulated sorry about your situation.

Can you go to the police station and ask them what your recourse is if your neighbors are bullying you? Maybe the police can go over there and tell them that some of the neighbors (they'd leave your name out so as to avoid repercussions for you ) really don't appreciate being harassed for food when they can go to the nearest food bank or church.

If they persist, I'd call the authorities. They have no right to bully you or anyone else.

If worse came to worse, get a restraining order against them. How do the rest of your neighbors feel about them? Are they being bullied just like you? I'll say a prayer for you and your family. God bless. :)

[quote="crohnie4life, post:13, topic:205225"]
Can you go to the police station and ask them what your recourse is if your neighbors are bullying you? Maybe the police can go over there and tell them that some of the neighbors (they'd leave your name out so as to avoid repercussions for you ) really don't appreciate being harassed for food when they can go to the nearest food bank or church.

If they persist, I'd call the authorities. They have no right to bully you or anyone else.

If worse came to worse, get a restraining order against them. How do the rest of your neighbors feel about them? Are they being bullied just like you? I'll say a prayer for you and your family. God bless. :)

[/quote]

This.
In my case, it is a neighbor with alcohol abuse problems who is convinced that I am trying to do him in. (Seriously. He told the cops, when I called them, that I :eek:"go out in the dark and :eek:sabotage the trees so that they will fall & kill" him:shrug:. Amazing what a 60-something heart patient :rolleyes:gets up to.:rolleyes: In the night.:rolleyes: In the dark.:cool:).
The police can tell them to stay off your property. And they will enforce it.

[quote="cheese_sdc, post:4, topic:205225"]
Answer the door naked, cleaning a shotgun.

[/quote]

The nudity probably isn't necessary and I doubt it would even register with people wasted on smack. But the shotgun is exactly the piece of advice I was going to give. Answer the door cleaning it, then when done, give the rack a good slide. Be sure not to load it or point it at them in the very, very rare case where they would be conscious enough to register the threat because that's technically illegal.

[quote="The_Bucket, post:15, topic:205225"]
The nudity probably isn't necessary and I doubt it would even register with people wasted on smack. But the shotgun is exactly the piece of advice I was going to give. Answer the door cleaning it, then when done, give the rack a good slide. Be sure not to load it or point it at them in the very, very rare case where they would be conscious enough to register the threat because that's technically illegal.

[/quote]

Maybe also a new sign on display by the door "Trespassers will be shot!"

[/quote]

:) I understand the sentiment but in all seriousness guns are a valuable commodity on the streets. I know of more than a few residences that became quick targets when the wrong element finds out there are guns on the premises. That news gets out and the next time you leave for work your home would be robbed quicker than a New York minute. At least that is my experience...

[/quote]

It's good advice but depending on where in the world you are (or the original poster is) shotguns can be extremely difficult to obtain. :(

1. Pray for safety and peace for your family
  2. Pray for wisdom on how to handle this
  3. Pray for THEM

The above are my best advice. My sideline advice is to simply tell them that your family is not in a position to help them financially or with food, but for them to consider going to or call social services for help. I would be calm, but firm. I would not let them in nor be chatty with them...kind, but business like. Frankly, these kind of folks can flip. Stay at arms length and do not antagonize nor befriend.
Hope this helps--taben

Be sure not to load it or point it at them in the very, very rare case where they would be conscious enough to register the threat because that's technically illegal.

[/quote]

Loading a gun is not illegal in WV. Carrying a loaded gun is not illegal in WV- you don't even need a license to do it. I can dance around in my front yard with any loaded weapon the federal government doesn't prohibit me from owning. I'd imagine there are a few other US states where that's true. But legal and smart are two different things. Unless you actually fear for your (and your family's safety), I would not recommend brandishing a weapon.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.