Nephew joining the Franciscans Minor

Please pray for my nephew who was just accepted as a postulant with the Franciscan Brothers Minor.

franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Friar_Updates.html

How absolutely wonderful! God Love him. He has my prayers!

**Prayer asking for Mary's Intercession
**by St. Francis of Assisi

Holy Virgin Mary, there is no one like Thee born in the world among women,
Daughter and Handmaid of the Most Highest King, the Heavenly Father,
Mother of Our Most Holy Lord Jesus Christ,
Spouse of the Holy Spirit:

Pray for us with St. Michael the Archangel
and all the powers of Heaven and all the Saints
before Thy Most Holy and Beloved Son, the Lord and Master.
Glory to the Father and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be
world without end. Amen.

Congratulations! He is in my prayers.

Awesome:thumbsup:

They're a good group of brothers. :thumbsup:

Fraternally,

Br. JR, OSF :)

[quote="JReducation, post:6, topic:245455"]
They're a good group of brothers. :thumbsup:

Fraternally,

[/quote]

I am glad to hear that! They gave him the name Francis, someone said that is unusual?

Fantastic! He is in my prayers. :)

Which Francis?

It is unusual to be named after the Seraphic Father. However, there are many combinations:

Francis Xavier, Francis Solano, Francis Osuna, Francis Paola

Then there are blends. We have a Francis Joseph. I knew one friar who had both St. Francis’ names. He was Br. John Francis. St. Francis of Assisi’s real name is John. Francesco was a nickname that stuck, because he was half-French. He grew up bilingual. He spoke fluent French and Italian.

Fraternally,

Br. JR, OSF :slight_smile:

[quote="JReducation, post:9, topic:245455"]
Which Francis?

It is unusual to be named after the Seraphic Father. However, there are many combinations:

Then there are blends. We have a Francis Joseph. I knew one friar who had both St. Francis' names. He was Br. John Francis. St. Francis of Assisi's real name is John. Francesco was a nickname that stuck, because he was half-French. He grew up bilingual. He spoke fluent French and Italian.

Fraternally,

[/quote]

My sister just said Francis, I will ask her to be more specific the next time I speak with her.

Those are interesting facts about St. Francis of Assisi that I did not know, thanks for the info!

Which Francis?

Then there are blends. We have a Francis Joseph. I knew one friar who had both St. Francis' names. He was Br. John Francis. St. Francis of Assisi's real name is John. Francesco was a nickname that stuck, because he was half-French. He grew up bilingual. He spoke fluent French and Italian.

Fraternally,

[/quote]

Wow, I didn't know he was half-French. I thought it was because his father liked France. Thanks for the clarification. :)

[quote="DCNBILL, post:1, topic:245455"]
Please pray for my nephew who was just accepted as a postulant with the Franciscan Brothers Minor.

franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Friar_Updates.html

[/quote]

I am offering prayers. The Franciscan Brothers Minor are wonderful and I live 30 minutes away from the oratory. God Bless you, your nephew, family and the Brothers. Fr. David Mary did a profession retreat for one of our new professed members of my local Secular Franciscan Fraternity

I received a letter from nephew brother Francis yeaterday.

He says that He will make temporary vows in September at which time the order is sending him to the seminary.

This seems a bit fast paced to me but he seems to be ok with it.

Thanks for all or your prayers for him!

Great news! Please thank him for his dedication and let him know he will be in my prayers!

He just became a postulant last week, and he’s making his simple profession in september? I thought every potential religious was canonically obligated to a novitiate of at least 366 days? Regardless, he has my prayers.

[quote="Thepeug, post:15, topic:245455"]
He just became a postulant last week, and he's making his simple profession in september? I thought every potential religious was canonically obligated to a novitiate of at least 366 days? Regardless, he has my prayers.

[/quote]

He actually became a postulant several months ago and was accepted as a novitiate at the end of May, but I agree this seems a bit of a fast pace, but then again I may have misunderstood his letter.:shrug:

[quote="DCNBILL, post:13, topic:245455"]
I received a letter from nephew brother Francis yeaterday.

He says that He will make temporary vows in September at which time the order is sending him to the seminary.

This seems a bit fast paced to me but he seems to be ok with it.

Thanks for all or your prayers for him!

[/quote]

I will continue to pray for him during this wonderful time

Which Francis?

Fraternally,

[/quote]

Update on nephew. The name he was given is Br. Francis Mary of Our Lady Refuge of Sinners, quite the mouthful. :)

franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Meet_the_Friars.html

[quote="DCNBILL, post:18, topic:245455"]
Update on nephew. The name he was given is Br. Francis Mary of Our Lady Refuge of Sinners, quite the mouthful. :)

franciscanbrothersminor.com/FBM/Meet_the_Friars.html

[/quote]

Some sweet beards on that website! :D

Dang, I thought my name was long. Br. Jason Richard of the Immaculate Heart

Fraternally,

Br. JR, OSF :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.