Nephew with MD losing battle

I have 2 nephews, brothers, who both have MD. The older, Dan, is losing his battle with MD. He’s losing more and more muscle control, has a great deal of trouble eating and evacuating. Please pray for them both–Joe is the younger brother–and for my brother and sil who are terribly worried about Dan’s deterioration. The family is solidly Catholic.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Our Father Who art in heaven,
hallowed be Thy name;
Thy kingdom come;
Thy will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Your nephews will be in my prayers. It must be so difficult for them and for all your family.

Lord why so many genetic diseases these days…what is affecting our genes, poor innocent families struggling against debilitating illnesses?
So much work is being done in genetic research. Please help them to find ways of dealing with this illness that steals the strength and mobility of so many young men.

I have a couple of autoimmune genetic illnesses, Della, inconvenient and requiring discipline but not debilitating, though a nephew has diabetes 1, a niece rheumatoid arthritis, a cousin died of MS, a great nephew has arthritis at age 2, a sister has Lupus…and all genetic. I thank God that my children and grandchildren tested clear of any autoimmune illness.

Dear Lord, please let there be treatment found soon for MD so that Dan and his brother can be helped. I want to ask You to heal them if You will. Please help their distressed family, and heal the gene in their family that can lead to this illness in any other member. Please dear Lord, flood Your love and healing upon Dan and his brother and family

*Praying for your nephews…that God will bring them relief, and comfort during this difficult time for them. I’m sorry to hear that, Della. God bless you for posting that prayer request here. *

Prayer is a powerful thing. I have seen miracles in my life. We have almost lost my husband/father of 3 at the age of 42. Prayer can move mountains. God is great. I
will pray for your family. PRAY TO ST JUDE!! WHAT A MARVELOUS SAINT!!
HE HAS BEEN AN INSTRUMENT FOR MY FAMILY!!

God Bless,
Roo

Hail Mary, full of grace,
the Lord is with Thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy
womb, Jesus. Holy Mary,
Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death,
Amen.

St. John Neumann, please intercede for this family!

Amen.

Thank you, everyone for your prayers. I deeply appreciate your kind words and prayerful support.

Trishie, one of their sisters is a carrier of this disorder, still she has chosen to marry and be open to children, so please add her and her husband in your prayers, as well.

I think so many people are being diagnosed now days that wouldn’t have been years ago that it may simply be that it appears there’s more genetic disorders. We often forget that along with all the benefits of modern medicine, we also get more knowledge of things our ancestors knew little or nothing about. I wonder if anyone has done a study on the question. It’d be interesting to see what the results would be–and helpful too, if this is a modern phenomenon.

That could well be true. I certainly will pray for their sister’s descendents. I think I’d have been scared to get married and have children if I’d pre-known, but none of us did, you just put up with the mysterious problems and didn’t think too much about it, so as you say, there were doubtless more genetic issues in the past than people knew… I’m just blessed that my children and grandchildren didn’t inherit.

Della, please God the gene will cancel out in your niece’s line. Lord, please let it be so. Please ensure that everything works out for the best and that no future generations of this family suffers from or carry MD genes.

LORD Jesus
Heal ur Sons

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen

May God provide them all with peace of body, mind, and spirit during this trying time.

Your Sister in Christ
mary1173

maggie

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible,
look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us,
that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent,
but with great confidence submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is love and mercy itself

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
Forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death. Amen

Prayers for your Nephews…

Hail Mary, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying hard for them.

Dear Lord, please let there be treatment found soon for MD so that Dan and his brother can be helped. I want to ask You to heal them if You will. Please help their distressed family, and heal the gene in their family that can lead to this illness in any other member. Please dear Lord, flood Your love and healing upon Dan and his brother and family.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Still praying hard.

May the Lord send His angels to bring them all comfort.

Dear Lord, please let there be treatment found soon for MD so that Dan and his brother can be helped. I want to ask You to heal them if You will. Please help their distressed family, and heal the gene in their family that can lead to this illness in any other member. Please dear Lord, flood Your love and healing upon Dan and his brother and family.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth, as it is in Heaven.
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us.
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Thank you all for your wonderful prayers and kind words. :heart: We got the chance to go by to visit my brother’s family, so I can give you a firsthand update on Dan. He’s lost a lot of weight, but he’s not at death’s door, thanks be. He’s lost a lot of abilities he once had, which is not good, of course. He’s getting a new wheelchair that will better suit his needs.

Still, MD is a killer. He and his brother Joe won’t see old age unless God performs a miracle. It’s hard enough for my husband and I to see him losing ground, I know it’s harder for his mom and dad, Joe and his two sisters.

You may not remember to pray for them in particular when this thread dies, but please do remember to pray for all our disabled, especially now days when people’s worth is more and more valued by their productivity and less and less by their intrinsic value as children of God. Thank you all again, and God bless you and yours!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.