I made a general confession. I spent days going over lists of the examination of conscience, spent a ton of time thinking, and went in fully intending to make THE BEST confession possible.
There’s one particular thing, let’s just call it “x”, that I wanted to confess/talk about and the process went like this.
During my examination before hand:
- “I have done things that caused x”. I put on that on the list
- I thought about it further
- I couldn’t remember specifically doing something JUST for the SOLE REASON to cause “x”, so I planned to say exactly that
- I then remembered one particular event when I might have done exactly that, so I decided not to say the “couldn’t remember doing something for the SOLE PURPOSE of x” thing to be safe
- I confessed “I have done things that caused x”
- We started to talk about it, I started to nervously ramble (I’m a very anxious person), I forgot about that one event, and I said something like “I don’t remember thinking ‘I’m simply going to do this because I know it’ll cause x and I want to cause x. But I might have at somepoint’ ”
After the confession:
- I remembered that one event I might have done x purposely
So now I’m worried that this constitutes as a lie in confession and that I committed sacrilege and invalidated the whole thing. Thoughts?