New Afghanistan pact means America's longest war will last until at least 2024

Bilateral security deal ensures that President Obama will pass off the Afghanistan war and his new war in Iraq and Syria to his successor

theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/30/us-troops-afghanistan-2024-obama-bilateral-security-agreement

I can’t say that I am thrilled at this possibility. It looks like the military war complex has won.

The article states;
" The primary explicit purpose of the deal, known as the Bilateral Security Agreement, is to permit the US to continue training Afghanistan’s roughly 350,000 security forces,"

What a joke. More 3rd world troops that we’ll risk our lives training, who will throw down their weapons and run when attacked, or decide to kill us when our backs are turned. I don’t trusr them any more than our Iraqui “friends.”

And as far as the “military war complex,” please don’t include the line troops in that. Few of us want to be in those hellholes. Thank the politicians.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.