New American Bible Commentary

OK, I admit it: the title is a little misleading, since it may seem like I’m about to go into rant-mode. :stuck_out_tongue:

But I just have a question I was hoping someone could help me with.

I know that there is at least one edition of the New American Bible - Revised Edition that includes its commentary as endnotes rather than footnotes.

Are you aware of any others? I’d like something a bit smaller than the above Bible, but really, I don’t like the commentary, and so I’d like to have the option of pretending it doesn’t exist! :slight_smile:

Any help will be much appreciated, and I’ll throw in several Hail Marys for your efforts.

I have the New American Bible - Revised Edition - St Joseph Edition. I like all the features, except one…its weight!! :wink:

I think both the Oxford compact and large print Bibles are also in the format you’re looking for. Their study NABREs (Catholic Study Bible, Catholic Bible:Personal Study Edition) are not.

There are two NABRE Bible’s that I own that have their notes and references at the end of each book, they are the Oxford large print NABRE and the St. Joseph giant print NABRE from Catholic Book Publishing.

Thank you very much for your responses! You guys are great. :slight_smile:

I don’t know about any NAB bible that puts the notes at the back, but the New African Bible uses the translation of the NABRE and replaces the footnotes with more faithful ones that refer to Tradition and apologetics issues. You might want to check that one out.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.