New American Bible...Revised

I asked for a Catholic Bible for mother’s day. I don’t have one–I just ahve my bible from my days as a Methodist. I would really like a catholic one and imprinted, too. My husband was told that the new revised one is available soon. Anyone know where we can order one imprinted?

Hello Kim:
You may mean a Catholic Bible with an “Imprimatur”. - The two sites I am giving you do not sell Bibles without Imprimaturs.
You can find several good Bibles on the internet through various Catholic catalog sites.

Here are just two.
ignatius.com/Products/CategoryCenter.aspx?SearchTerm=bible
ewtnreligiouscatalogue.com/shop.axd/Search?keywords=bible

I recommend “large print” for ease of reading.

Happy Mother’s Day :slight_smile:

I will look at those websites, but I really was referring to new, revised Bible :slight_smile: It was on the news, too. A re-translation of some passages. It takes out words like “booty” becuase of the new language shift towards what “booty” is now days, etc. I think there is more to it than that as well. Maybe the websites you gave me will have the info I need anyway :slight_smile:

Thanks for replying!

The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops’ (USCCB) website lists those publishers who have already printed the New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) as well as those publishers who will be releasing it in the near future:

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/nabre.shtml

It’s really just the Old Testament that is new with this publication as most all current copies of the NAB include the revised New Testament from 1986.

I haven’t looked at the NABRE for myself (and much of the Catholic blogosphere seems overly-fixated on the different wording of Isaiah 7:14), but I’ve also read some comments about some improvements over the original NAB. This translation has the approval of the U.S. Bishops, so any Catholic should be able to read it in good conscience even if there are some weaknesses (which will always be the case whenever anything is translated into another language).

Happy reading! :slight_smile:

[quote="Joe_5859, post:4, topic:238470"]
The United States Conference of Catholic Bishops' (USCCB) website lists those publishers who have already printed the New American Bible Revised Edition (NABRE) as well as those publishers who will be releasing it in the near future:

http://www.usccb.org/nab/bible/nabre.shtml

It's really just the Old Testament that is new with this publication as most all current copies of the NAB include the revised New Testament from 1986.

I haven't looked at the NABRE for myself (and much of the Catholic blogosphere seems overly-fixated on the different wording of Isaiah 7:14), but I've also read some comments about some improvements over the original NAB. This translation has the approval of the U.S. Bishops, so any Catholic should be able to read it in good conscience even if there are some weaknesses (which will always be the case whenever anything is translated into another language).

Happy reading! :)

[/quote]

Thanks! Looked up the website and was able to find a stor that had the catholic answer version; still approved by the US Bishops, etc. Really cool!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.